Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Packing for the first time ......

Florida Expert

PAULA.....

You shopperholic! LOL [msntongue][msntongue]

Linda
    Linda

Florida Chatterbox
    We always go for a bigger car than we need as the boot capacity in american cars is quite small. If we are flying BA we get a 7 seater so that we can get all the luggage to the airport in one hit. (Checkin desks open around 1pm at MCO).

Now that Virgin have reopened the checkin at Down Town Disney we get a smaller car, do two trips with someone staying with luggage. Back in UK we can take seats out of our MPV so can squeeze the cases in there.

I can remember a programme once about a couple who were flying back from Sanford and they had 7 extra bags of luggage. There excess baggage was about $650 because all the bags were carryon size sports bag. They could have got all of the stuff into two bags and only paid $200.

Gold 5 Star Member
    i would agree with just about everything on this post
    we went last year (march 4th) for two weeks, the weather was warm enough in the evenings and only needed a fleece once or twice

we took far too many clothes, having the villa meant we could wash what we had and of course we bought loads that we wanted to wear whilst we where there too

on our next trip i am going to pack our 4 fleece's in one space saver bag and hopefully they will stay there for the entire two weeks

i am also gonna put the kids cuddly toys into another space saver bag as we took loads and bought loads

you asked about smaller suitcases inside bigger ones and i would also like to know if anyone has the answer for this question ????????????

have fun packing and have a great holiday[clap]

i'm sooo jealous i have to wait 1 year 23 days etc; for my trip[msncry]

Mizzy

Florida Junior
    Oh I do like that space saver bag idea, Mizzy !!!
    I have to see where I can get some....as my youngest is "cuddely toys" mad, no doubt there will be a few coming back !!!
    Still got to get some 3/4's and t-shirts ( the 3 boys have grown out of everything...[msncry])I might just have a look for another suitcase or two as well...oh and some bumbags...

We booked this holiday a year ago.....and I've been at it since....I just can't believe where the time has gone, now I'm still rushing around hoping to get everything done.........
    [msnoo]

Mona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mona
    space saver bags are fairly cheap in woolworths argos and wilkinsons etc;
    i would get the roll up types then you dont need a hoover with the right attachment

Mizzy

Florida Chatterbox
    You can buy space saver bags in Walmart for a lot less than they cost here. Just look for the aisle where they sell the hoovers, they normally come with the travel ones as a bonus inside the packs. If you want extra travel packs for your hand luggage look for the aisle where they have the suitcases and luggage lables.

You could take a small packed suitcase inside a larger one, but personally I wouldn't bother. You always buy more than you think and it's easier to go to flea market and buy one the size you need. If that works out too small you can always be cheeky and exchange it for a larger one.

Florida Junior
    I've always used my mums handy tip. I pack two small suitcases with essentials, like first day's clothes, jackets, and teabags! Then I put each of those two suitcase into bigger ones, then those into bigger ones, so while we're only carring 2 suitcases, we actually have 6, so we don't have to buy more when we're out there. Both times we've come back with all 6 suitcases full! lol