Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Packing for the first time ......

Florida Expert
    We go out on the 16th March too Macka flying from Manchester. The only thing I will be taking is a new teapot ( can`t buy a decent one out there ).Travel light thats my motto.

norma.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

a teapot Norma![msnwink] the mind boggles, such sweet needs, mind you i really needed my PG Tips!!!! [msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Junior
    Thank you for all the advice....!!!

We are flying out on the 21.March...sooooo excited !!!!!!
    So much to try out, see and do..we are going to be shattered when we come back.
    I had been thinking of putting our two smaller cases in the two larger ones...is that okay ???

And you really think waterparks are okay this time of year...
    Is the water heated ???

Florida Junior
    ...I have just realized I've got another question....
    Sorry...[msnembarrased]

What does everybody do about communication within the parks ect ??
    I have read about tracfones, but I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of money on mobile phones and I've heard that Walkie Talkies can have a lot of interferrence...???

thanks
    Mona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Last year I took one full suitcase, that was for my two daughters my husband and me. I also took three empty cases and came back with 5 and a holdall..................don't know how that happened[msnembarrased]
    Paula

Get those cases empty! Twice now we have had to buy another case whilst we were out there because we bought so much. Casual clothes are so cheap and much nicer than the stuff over here. We also buy toiletries and sun lotion when we get there. Much easier than having to pack it all.[msnwink]

Yep make sure you take an empty suitcase. Or just buy one while your out there. Weather should be fine for summer gear but as mentioned ealier pack a fleece just in case or buy one out there.[msntongue]

Florida Chatterbox
    When we first went over in Jan 1997 I took a case full of things to change into in the evening as we were staying in a hotel. Didn't wear a thing in it and had to take a trip to the Belz mall to stock up on the items I needed (it was colder that I expected)
    A year later we were back with all the items I had bought and I didn't need many of them as it was warm enough to wear my shorts at midnight in the parks.

Best advice it to wear layers which can be removed during the day and put on again later.

We take 2 changes of clothes and I wear long trousers for travelling. I take 3/4 length trousers and shorts. We travel scheduled so have a great luggage allowance, I have what I call my USA luggage which I got in the flea market on the 192. We found a large holdall for around $10 which is the size of a large suitcase. All my new clothes are put into Space Bags and fit perfectly into this. For the more bulky items I have a holdall on wheels. It has a sturdier bottom so there is more protection but it does weigh about 8 kgs empty.

Depends on if you plan to go shopping if so then just bring out the one large suitcase and then buy a bag or two to suit your requirements. That small suitcase will be part of your luggage allowance whereas you can buy as big or small a holdall as you like. And some are really big and range from $5 to $20, fold up flat ready for the next trip.

Florida Chatterbox
    Forgot to mention we also bought walkie talkies years ago and would recommend them. As you are going out before Easter then the parks will be reasonably quiet so the interference should be minimal. It's mainly picking up someone else using the same channel but if someone gets lost or if you split up to do different areas then they are really useful.

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    Last year I took one full suitcase, that was for my two daughters my husband and me. I also took three empty cases and came back with 5 and a holdall..................don't know how that happened[msnembarrased]
    [/quote]

LOL....
    We are flying scheduled....so the only problem would be the size of our car......
    have to make sure we still have room for the boys on the way back...LOL[grin]