Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Tom go

Florida Junior

Tom Tom go

Hi All,
    I enquired through this site about satnav for my April visit to Orlando, only to find they were all booked out. So I decided to treat myself to a TOMTOM Go 300, I also bought a southeast usa map from tomtom for £40. My questions is for all you veteran satnavvers is,

1/ Can POI's databases(points of interest) be transfered between users?
    2/ Has anyone got any that they would be willing to share?
    3/ Am I being naive in thinking this can be done?
    4/ Will the maps show me the major parks, malls and eating places?

HELP appreciated!!!!

POI databases can be shared, although not sure what extra you would need. Most parks are on them but I found we had to adjust teh position of just about everyone one. Eating places are on but you will find they are listed all under the same name (i.e. 7 of the same name) so its hard to distwinguish which one you need, so again we had a special trip to make re adjust.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bmwtouring
    Hi All,
    I enquired through this site about satnav for my April visit to Orlando, only to find they were all booked out. So I decided to treat myself to a TOMTOM Go 300, I also bought a southeast usa map from tomtom for £40. My questions is for all you veteran satnavvers is,

1/ Can POI's databases(points of interest) be transfered between users?
    2/ Has anyone got any to they would be willing to share?
    3/ Am I being naive in thinking this can be done?
    4/ Will the maps show me the major parks, malls and eating places?

HELP appreciated!!!!
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We used our Tom Tom on our last trip and the parks, Malls and restuarants are already pre-programmed on my system. Dont know what other POI you would require.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Hi Kevin,
    I'm looking at buying a TomTom one and wanted a map of just Florida, but on the TomTom site, they only advertise a map of the whole of America at $169. How did you get one for just the south east?
    Ian

Florida Junior
    Try this link
    http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/mds.php

when you scroll down all the maps should be visible, the maps are for download to your computer and are quite large (225MB)luckily I was able to download to pen drive on my works computer (fast 450 kb/sec took 7 minutes)

Please let me know how you get on
    Kev

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for that Kevin. I found the map. I was looking at the SD cards before, didn't know about downloading. That will save me £60. Hoping to buy the TomTom One before we go to Florida in May.
    Ian

Florida Savvy
    I am in the process of buying a Tom Tom Go 700. Are these the ones hired out by this site? Are the US maps specially programmed by Martin or John & Roger for the TT available for purchase. If not I do know that Amazon [u]were</u> doing them at what seemed a reasonable price.

Erik
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/855.aspx

Florida Junior
    I have have done some digging for info to try to make my own POI's, Google earth, I have found is great for making POI's "points of interest" for my TomTom go. If you put pins on all your favouite places in Florida, save them as *.kml files and get a poi converter program free on the net to convert them to OV2 files and just save the to your florida map on the TOMTOM

Florida Chatterbox
    Just had a great deal on the TOMTOM GO 910 £288, can,t wait to start using it.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by IanW
    Hi Kevin,
    I'm looking at buying a TomTom one and wanted a map of just Florida, but on the TomTom site, they only advertise a map of the whole of America at $169. How did you get one for just the south east?
    Ian
    [/quote]

Ian you can just purchase the Southern States for about £40. We bought these last year and are great for the Tom Tom. Look on the Tom Tom site. You can download them from their site.
    Graham