Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: best meal/worst meal/experience

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our favourites are Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Carabbas and Applebees

Wost was an Indian on International Drive but the name escapes me!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] the best meals we had were steaks from Publix I grilled out by the pool with grilled corn, sauteed mushrooms, a nice large baked potato, and a frosty beverage......GOOD TIMES[msncool]
    [/quote]
    The fresh fish from Publix is fantastic too. Cooked to perfection on the grill, washed down with a cool glass of wine while you're sat outside by the pool watching the sun go down. My idea of heaven. [party1]. Also the other bonus of course ... no-one draws the short straw for driving home

Pam

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I have to agree the Seafood counter in Publix is fab, I buy loads of stuff from there incl teh odd lobster, crab, prawns, scallops, tuna etc etc and it is sooooooooo cheap compared to back in the UK.
    CDV

Hi

Last time we went to our villa we went out for an Indian Curry just to see if the Chicken Tika was the same my 12 year old lover it!!!

We went to the Indian Diner on 192 opposite Medieval times

NEVER AGAIN

Coke was like water service was awful the chicken well I would not like to comment, I was suprised that we didn't go down with something the next day. It is like an all American diner with a couple of Indian pictures and a CD Player.

And they had the cheak to charge us 15% service charge for the worst meal ever. I said at the top of my voice on the way out what a cheak and I would be suprised if they were still in business in August when we next go.

Best Meal was at Charlies in Tampa and I love Gloria Estafans Festurant is it Bongo's.

Thanks Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

Florida Junior
    Hmmmmm Ruth Chris's

Thats what I call a steak

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mjc
    One main reason for holidaying in the USA is the food, quality and quantity at reasonable prices!

This year taking on board tips from this board im looking to forward to trying Mannys, The Kitchen Sink desert at Disney and it seems the Buffet at the Rennaissance as well as some more Ice Cream down at Celebration.

[/quote]

mjc the Kitchen Sink looks very impressive and is fine if you like highly coloured, artifical tasting icecream - very over rated in my view[msnsad]

Thats a shame, when did they stop using quality icecream? It was always good stuff when we frequented the place.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mjc
    One main reason for holidaying in the USA is the food, quality and quantity at reasonable prices!

This year taking on board tips from this board im looking to forward to trying Mannys, The Kitchen Sink desert at Disney and it seems the Buffet at the Rennaissance as well as some more Ice Cream down at Celebration.

[/quote]

mjc the Kitchen Sink looks very impressive and is fine if you like highly coloured, artifical tasting icecream - very over rated in my view[msnsad]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Applebees ...gone there 4 times now...got the wrong order everytime...
    Food OK...

Florida Expert
    We live here.... so here's ours:
    Jack (6) Panera Bread! He loves the soup in a bread bowl. Kobi's Japanese Steak House. Kinda expensive, but he likes watching the food being cooked!
    Elena (13) Olive Garden, She loves their salad bowl!
    Matt (16) The Orlando Ale House on N436.
    Amy (25ish) Seasons 52, Stephano's a great mom and pop Italian place here in Semilole County.
    Me (over 40) Texas De Brazil, Ruth's Chris.

There are many others. The Canadian place at Epcot does a great steak. Chili's is great for lunch. Rainforest Cafe is also a great lunch place if you are in the Disney area.

We tend to miss any fast food joints. Micky D's, Burgler King, Wendys, and my personal hate.... Taco Bell!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100

Me (over 40) Texas De Brazil, Ruth's Chris.

[/quote]

I have been to a number of Ruth Chris's in the states, but did not know that there was one in orlando - where about is it?

Just thinking about their steaks is making my mouth water....

Other fav places are Outback, Bahama breeze and texas de brazil.

Least favourite are any of the buffet places -