Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Seats

Car Seats

Hi There,
    We are off to Florida next month, travelling with a 4,2&1 Year old. When we hire the car from the airport in Orlando, I'm worried about the car seats for the little ones. My 4 year old can sit in as normal, however we need car seats for the 2&1 year old.
    I have heard differing stories that you can hire car seats from the car company, however would you recommend taking our own car seats.
    I understand it can get quite expensive hiring two seats for 2 weeks!

The other issue is apart from lugging 2 seats around the airport ourselves, I don't know how the airlines would react to taking 2 car seats on board.

Your advice is much appreciated
    Lee
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2201.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have always booked in car seats with my luggage, except when my youngest was 13 months, we paid for a seat for her and took the car seat on board, she was much more comfortable in it.
    Paula

Simply check your children in with your luggage, saving valuable seat money and leaving you free to relax in Style in the passenger cabin.

Do be sure to tie a colorful ribbon or strap around them so you can easily spot them on the Carousel at the end of your journey..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lee
    Hate to tell you this but even the 4 year old will need a car seat as well since all children under 5 or 6 (can't remember exactly which must be transported in an appropriate child safety or booster seat.

We always advise guests to take their own so they know the history of it and that it is appropriate for their chhilds weight, age and size.

It may be that if you have any of the ones with the zip off back type booster seats that you can save space that way or that the elder mat be ok with just a booster seat. Hopefully the other two seats might fit top and tail in a plastic bag to make it easier to transport. I dont think youd have any trouble checking them in separately anyway.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is the appropriate child seat law in Florida:

Infants Birth > 1 year at least 20-22lbs infant seat only rear position only make sure always rear facing

Toddlers Over 1 year 20 - 40lbs convertible seat forward facing harness at or below shoulders

Young Children 40 lbs unless 4' 9" booster seat for belt positioning forward facing booster seat with lap and shoulder belt

All children 12 years of age or under should ride in the back seat

Never use an infant seat on the front seat where there is an airbag.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    I would never trust the car seats you get from car hire companies. Did it once and it had me in tears - I knew my little one was not safe!

I would do as people have suggested and take your own or buy cheap ones from Walmart when you are there.

Lx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
    Simply check your children in with your luggage, saving valuable seat money and leaving you free to relax in Style in the passenger cabin.

Do be sure to tie a colorful ribbon or strap around them so you can easily spot them on the Carousel at the end of your journey..
    [/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hah Ha Hah haaa, oh Paul, you're so funny! I just can't wait to get onto the site every day to see what witty and hilarious replies and repostes you have come up with.

hah haaa!

[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hah Ha Hah haaa, oh Paul, you're so funny! I just can't wait to get onto the site every day to see what witty and hilarious replies and repostes you have come up with.

hah haaa!
    [/quote]

you having a conversation with yourself macka ??[msneek]

Dave

Yes Dave,

It' very lonely here at work on a late shift. I get a bit stir crazy.[msneek]

[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

hah haaa!
    [/quote]

Well you make me laugh[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]