Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mount Dora

Florida Chatterbox

Mount Dora

Hi

I have seen mention of Mount Dora on the forum. Can anyone tell what's there and any directions from Championsgate?

Thanks

Julie

Florida Expert
    Mount Dora is a small town which seems to be caught in a time warp and is lovely to spend a day wandering around the shops, stopping off for a coffee or a beer, having a meal. It is such a laid back place you cannot help but relax. There is a beautiful lake and a number of nature trails and cycle tracks. It's really worth a visit and is one of our favourite places.
    It's easily reached along the US441 about 45 minutes drive time from Kissimmee - I'm sure one of the villa owners will post on here the best route from Champions Gate

Gold 5 Star Member
    We intend to go to Mount Dora on our trip next month, haven't been before but it has been recommended a few times by other Florida addicts.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

With the cycle tracks in mind is there anywhere you can hire bikes there? Really enjoyed our family bike rides in California so would like to do more of the same when we get back to good ol florida.
    Jan and Lee

Florida Expert
    It sounds lovely, does anyone have any pics of this place?

ALR

Florida Expert
    We visited last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Definitely somewhere we will go back to. Didn't notice any cycle tracks but you can hire a Segway (those two wheeled motorised things that Disney staff use in the car parks) and do a tour of the town so presumably no reason why you couldn't cycle the same route. There are lots of things to do there and they have a regular programme of events.

We got there by driving up the 27, turning off onto the 19 and then onto the 441. It is very well sign posted.

There is a website for information but it is not possible to post it here. I'm sure if you search on Google for Mount Dora you will find it or DM me.
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

Florida Expert
    Julie, I'll ask my next guests how they decide to do it. They live in Mt Dora and are coming to Lake Wilson Preserve next week. I did an online search to find the route and it takes about an hour to us.
    Pat

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Pat. That would be really great[msnsmile2]

Julie

Florida Expert
    Mount Dora is one of the places we have planned to visit for the past few years but just didnt get around to it . From what Ive just read I know its a place our family would enjoy . Its now on the evergrowing list for 2006 .
    Olive

Hi
    We have just got back on Sat Went to Mount Dora
    A lovely little village with quaint little shops & a marina Well worth visiting Also Silver Springs is worth a visit
    [msnsmile2]