Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Travel City Direct

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Benny
    Mach 2,

IMO everyone is free to post whatever they want,this is a forum afterall.Time and time again you say you will never fly with them and the whole ethos (sp?) of them is bad.Just a suggestion but why dont you just let people make their own minds up over TCD when/if they fly with them.It is much better than planting doubts in their heads.

We dont need to be told how great BA are at keeping their planes in tip,top shape.If we wanted that then im sure we are capable of going to a search site.I dont want to sound nasty or horrible to you but nearly everytime a TCD thread has come up,you post something and its then a mass free-for-all.

Im flying with TCD this September for the first time,pervious before that it has been,Britania,Monarch,Air 2000,My Travel.I dont expect to be treated like a royal when a board,aslong as they are friendly,helpfull,dont have a long delay and i get to eat,then my flight has been good enough for me.
    [/quote]

I think you make a good point Benny - if your airline has friendly staff, the delays are not over long and there is food on board then you are happy.

Speaking entirely for myself, I think I would want more. Perhaps reliable and safe aircraft, in flight equipment that works, no delays and decent food. Each to his own I suppose.

Because these are my particular preferences, I no longer fly with TCD.

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I think you make a good point Benny - if your airline has friendly staff, the delays are not over long and there is food on board then you are happy.

Speaking entirely for myself, I think I would want more. Perhaps reliable and safe aircraft, in flight equipment that works, no delays and decent food. Each to his own I suppose.

Because these are my particular preferences, I no longer fly with TCD.
    [/quote]

But im sure you cannot say that every flight had equipment that didnt work.I know that they should be working but its no the be-all and end-all.IMO,the main thing is the actual holiday not the flight.Though it isnt very nice if you start off on a bad foot.

Mach 2,

IMO everyone is free to post whatever they want,this is a forum afterall.Time and time again you say you will never fly with them and the whole ethos (sp?) of them is bad.Just a suggestion but why dont you just let people make their own minds up over TCD when/if they fly with them.It is much better than planting doubts in their heads.

We dont need to be told how great BA are at keeping their planes in tip,top shape.If we wanted that then im sure we are capable of going to a search site.I dont want to sound nasty or horrible to you but nearly everytime a TCD thread has come up,you post something and its then a mass free-for-all.

Im flying with TCD this September for the first time,pervious before that it has been,Britania,Monarch,Air 2000,My Travel.I dont expect to be treated like a royal when a board,aslong as they are friendly,helpfull,dont have a long delay and i get to eat,then my flight has been good enough for me.
    [/quote]

Thank you for your kind feedback Benny.

[msnwink]

I hope you have a wonderful flight in Sept with TCD[msnwink]

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    Mach 2,

[/quote]

Thank you for your kind feedback Benny.

[msnwink]

I hope you have a wonderful flight in Sept with TCD[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Me too love,me too.[msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    Mach 2 i do moniter what my children read on the internet as the computer is in my lounge but i didnt think the forum for their florida holiday is a bad web site to read,they also want to feel the excitement of the holiday we are going on and like to read up about things we will be doing to make their holiday a memoriable one.
    Liesaanna thanks for that my youngest son and i are the worst for flying,i love it when its over but hate it at the time.When we went to florida 2 years ago we took off in a storm and my daughter was saying ooh isnt it nice as she watched the lightining around us.To me and my son uuh no[msnscared]
    kitty

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:But im sure you cannot say that every flight had equipment that didnt work.I know that they should be working but its no the be-all and end-all.IMO,the main thing is the actual holiday not the flight.Though it isnt very nice if you start off on a bad foot.
    [/quote]

No, that's true but I only flew with TCD on 1 return trip in thier Sunshine First. On both the outbound and inbound flights the seat mechanism for the recline and footrest didn't work and, according to the crew, hadn't done for a long time! I can therefore say that on every trip I have taken with them the equipment didn't work.

On the return leg, the 747 took off and after about 5 minutes there was an acrid rubber smell went through the cabin. The captain said that there was a 'slight hydraulic problem' and we flew over the Atlantic while the fuel was dumped. This took 30 fairly anxious minutes. We returned to Sanford where we sat for 7 hours without refreshment. We re-boarded the aircraft and were very happy to get home.

I take your point that the journey isn't the main part of the holiday but it is a significant one. If the accomodation or the attractions were of the same poor quality as the flight then I wouldn't use them again. Why therefore should I fly TCD again?

I'm not advising anybody else to follow my example, merely sharing my experience.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:IMO everyone is free to post whatever they want,this is a forum afterall.Time and time again you say you will never fly with them and the whole ethos (sp?) of them is bad.Just a suggestion but why dont you just let people make their own minds up over TCD when/if they fly with them.It is much better than planting doubts in their heads.

Im flying with TCD this September for the first time,pervious before that it has been,Britania,Monarch,Air 2000,My Travel.I dont expect to be treated like a royal when a board,aslong as they are friendly,helpfull,dont have a long delay and i get to eat,then my flight has been good enough for me.[/quote]

Benny,
    If there was to be a restriction placed on a subject in this forum being commented on "time and time again" there would be very few threads. Also nearly all the information and opinions expressed here are "available from a search engine".

If people should be allowed to "make up their own minds about TCD" then shouldn’t the same apply to people who ask any question on this Forum. e.g. What is Sea World like? Are Charter a good firm? etc etc. Or are only positive comments allowed?

This subject came up again because somebody raised the question of ‘new’ aircraft – having presumably read TCD’s claims - and this was answered in a factual manner by Mach 2. The controversy was started by others. It will undoubtedly get raised again when someone new to the forum asks the question about this company.

It is without dispute that TCD have a poor reputation. You, and others, might feel that is undeserved and have made the decision to use them and that is your prerogative. Not unnaturally people argue their case for that decision. However there seems to be readiness to ‘attack’ those who hold a different opinion; whilst probably not intended, it smacks of censorship.

If there is another thread on TCD in the future I will give my opinion and I hope Mach2 will not be intimidated either – somehow I don’t think she will be!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
    Mach 2 i do moniter what my children read on the internet as the computer is in my lounge but i didnt think the forum for their florida holiday is a bad web site to read,they also want to feel the excitement of the holiday we are going on and like to read up about things we will be doing to make their holiday a memoriable one.
    Liesaanna thanks for that my youngest son and i are the worst for flying,i love it when its over but hate it at the time.When we went to florida 2 years ago we took off in a storm and my daughter was saying ooh isnt it nice as she watched the lightining around us.To me and my son uuh no[msnscared]
    [/quote]

and as we have been told before this is a family forum!!! so all can read!!!!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    my children love to read the comments on this forum,and we all enjoy looking at the photos which is nice to see other peoples experiences,it also helps us decide on daily trips etc,for instance last time we never went to celebration,but after reading up and seeing photos we intend to go there this year.The amount of info is excellent and well done to all who contribute to it.[clap]
    kitty

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:IMO everyone is free to post whatever they want,this is a forum afterall.Time and time again you say you will never fly with them and the whole ethos (sp?) of them is bad.Just a suggestion but why dont you just let people make their own minds up over TCD when/if they fly with them.It is much better than planting doubts in their heads.

Im flying with TCD this September for the first time,pervious before that it has been,Britania,Monarch,Air 2000,My Travel.I dont expect to be treated like a royal when a board,aslong as they are friendly,helpfull,dont have a long delay and i get to eat,then my flight has been good enough for me.[/quote]

It is without dispute that TCD have a poor reputation. You, and others, might feel that is undeserved and have made the decision to use them and that is your prerogative.
    I dont feel its undeserved as i have not been on one of their flights before.I just feel that if you have never been on their flight and just go on how they run etc...its not fair.I'll give my opinion on them when i have got home from my great holiday. [msnwink]