Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Travel City Direct

Florida Savvy
    Julie, I just asked the question cos you did. You answered the original question this thread was about and that was fine. Other people caused more debate about age of planes. Not me!!
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1692.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    You may not like them but my children are now worried sick about going this year after reading your remarks,so a holiday they should be looking forward to are now dreading
    kitty

Kitty, tell the kids they will be fine and have a wonderful holiday in florida (assuming its florida) i dreaded our last flight because we went for a cheaper flight and worried right up till we boarded! the plane was great (well where we were sitting was) near the very front of the plane, masses of leg room which was totally unexpected, had a brilliant flight over (even tho i was taken sick at the end) it was an old plane and we went with Air Atlanta, great flight, great crew,
    way back we had many people on our flight as the plane was changed into 2 smaller ones due to technical faults we left on time and shared the flight home with many people who were booked with TCD, and they had a bl**dy wonderful time!! flight wasnt as good but not so bad on the way back, think it was just cos we didnt want to leave!
    they will be fine!!! say Liesa said so!![msnwink]
    Liesa

I dont think it is a good idea to carry on arguing now. It is not fair to be making people nervous about flying when they have already booked their flights, just as Paul probably didnt want to hear that the hotel he has booked has been slated.

Kitty, maybe you shouldnt have let your children read what has been said on this thread, hope they forget about it and you have a good holiday.

Karen

Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Julie

I think the point being made about your posts is this. The information that you post may possibly be accurate however you are posting not on an aviation forum but on a forum that is essentially one for people planning holidays involving a long haul flight. Among those people will be many that have n inherent fear of flying. While you may believe these fears to be irrational for the people concerned they are no less real. I speak as one who has helped run a fear of flying course. It might possibly be helpful to consider these people before adding what I am sure are your well meaning posts.
    Respectfully.

Roger

http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1083.aspx

Florida Expert
    My 2 cents.

Having just returned today with TCD i think i can add this.

I have flown twice before with TCD (some time ago), both times in economy but with extra legroom seats, they were bad, uncomfortable and i don't like the way they go to market.

But this time i was looking for a late booking and i still tried them to see what they could offer, luckily i snagged 2 seats in Sunshine First. They were cheap and whats more they mis-quoted and tried to get out of it, i stuck to my guns and got what they quoted.

The result, 2 very nice flights, the outbound about 30mins late, the return about 1 hour late, but no real problems there, most airline usually drop 30 mins or so.
    The seats were excellent, in the nose cone, just 6 rows of 2 with an addittional 2 seats in the middle on row 6.
    The nose cone is well nice, spacious, like upper deck but better. The food was nice, maybe a little too fancy but nice.
    The crew were very nice, willing to help and do what they could.
    All First class were issued with their own personal entertainment centre, this played movies, pre-recorded TV, games etc.

Summary,
    If i had to pay full price for these seats (which i don't know how much) i would have to compare them with Virgin PE, if the price were same, i would say the TCD seats would be better.
    Virgin have a better name, but the only time i flew with them in PE i got a 3 hour delay, (Everyone has problems sometime)
    For the money, they were great and the experiance was excellent.

The only other thing i don't like about TCD, is the way they advertise their price on teletext, then add on silly extras to bump up the price.

Having said all this i still flew with them[msnwink]
    Neil & Kay

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
    You may not like them but my children are now worried sick about going this year after reading your remarks,so a holiday they should be looking forward to are now dreading
    [/quote]

First, I have never in any of my posts commented that TCD were unsafe in any way!!!

Kitty - I stand by all my posts, if that is the case however I do think as a parent you should maybe monitor what your children read on the internet! Where in any of my posts am I, and I quote you "implanting the fear of God into them"?? I think if you read the posts properly you will note that Alastair asked about the safety of older aircraft!! I truly hope you have a wonderful on time flight without hitch!

Kazzie - I am not arguing with anyone just stating facts to help inform.

RIS - I do not believe any fear of flying to be irrational, but I understand your point, I also helped with fear of flying when I was at BA. I was the worlds worst passenger before I became cabin crew I was so nervous! My parents cannot believe that I went on to fly as a career for 21 years.

Frosty - I am so glad your flight went well and as you say delays can happen with any airline.

Jan - "HA HA BORING!!!!!" have I missed a joke that was some what boring or what???

I keep saying its the ethos of this company I dislike and their inherant mis leading advertising and bad customer service when flights are delayed etc! They have a very bad reputation for customer service or lack of it and ABTA are aware and have a very big file on them.

I have never commented or suggested that TCD were unsafe in anyway!!!

Florida Expert
    I have 3 set of guests flying with TCD this summer 2 always fly with them, I will post their experiences when they return. Kitty don't worry you will have a great time.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Expert
    We are going with TCD in April we usually go with them and so far have had no major problems just little annoying things that were soon put right, or in the case of when we took MIL who was 90 at the time with us, compensation because her seat in first class did not recline so we were having to play musical chairs so she could get some rest.
    Sheena.
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Mach 2,

IMO everyone is free to post whatever they want,this is a forum afterall.Time and time again you say you will never fly with them and the whole ethos (sp?) of them is bad.Just a suggestion but why dont you just let people make their own minds up over TCD when/if they fly with them.It is much better than planting doubts in their heads.

We dont need to be told how great BA are at keeping their planes in tip,top shape.If we wanted that then im sure we are capable of going to a search site.I dont want to sound nasty or horrible to you but nearly everytime a TCD thread has come up,you post something and its then a mass free-for-all.

Im flying with TCD this September for the first time,pervious before that it has been,Britania,Monarch,Air 2000,My Travel.I dont expect to be treated like a royal when a board,aslong as they are friendly,helpfull,dont have a long delay and i get to eat,then my flight has been good enough for me.