Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expedition Everest

Good Morning From Florida,
    Disney very kindly opened Expedition Everest to Annual Passholders and DVC members from Jan 26th to 29th. This fortunately coincided with our visit to our home. So yesterday, armed with our DVC membership cards off we went to Animal Kingdom. Disney, organised as ever had sectioned off the part of the Park where EE is and entry only allowed to Passholders and DVC members. Each rider on presentation of pass or DVC membership card was issued with a souvenir lanyard and pin (DVC members also got a limited edition EE pin - which looks really good). The wait in line takes you through base camp with lots of artifacts from Nepal, which, having been there are very good. The ride is as Disney like to put it, a run-away train, it is a cross between Big Thunder Mountain and the Rockin Rollercoaster. It's very good and we did it twice before moving on to MGM to see the new Stunt Show, which if you have been to the Studios at Disneyland Paris, you will know exactly what I am talking about, it is an all action driving stunt show. We then moved on to Epcot to check out Soarin, the new ride which takes you over California, very, very good, but be warned the queues are long, we went straight there, got a fast pass and did the rest of the park, returning to Soarin in time to use the pass, the queue had not moved from 70 minutes all day. We rode the ride, got stuck, got free fast pass, rode again straight away, this time with no hitches, be warned, this is not the ride if you suffer from vertigo, especially if you stop. But nevertheless, a fantastic experience and wonderful sight, you even get smellyvision. The day as usual organised with military precision by my dutiful husband, out of the house at 8am returned at 9pm, three parks and all the usual rides and the new ones later, great day, feet aching now.
    Caryn
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/2011.aspx

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carynwillson
    Good Morning From Florida,
    Disney very kindly opened Expedition Everest to Annual Passholders and DVC members from Jan 26th to 29th. This fortunately coincided with our visit to our home. So yesterday, armed with our DVC membership cards off we went to Animal Kingdom. Disney, organised as ever had sectioned off the part of the Park where EE is and entry only allowed to Passholders and DVC members. Each rider on presentation of pass or DVC membership card was issued with a souvenir lanyard and pin (DVC members also got a limited edition EE pin - which looks really good). The wait in line takes you through base camp with lots of artifacts from Nepal, which, having been there are very good. The ride is as Disney like to put it, a run-away train, it is a cross between Big Thunder Mountain and the Rockin Rollercoaster. It's very good and we did it twice before moving on to MGM to see the new Stunt Show, which if you have been to the Studios at Disneyland Paris, you will know exactly what I am talking about, it is an all action driving stunt show. We then moved on to Epcot to check out Soarin, the new ride which takes you over California, very, very good, but be warned the queues are long, we went straight there, got a fast pass and did the rest of the park, returning to Soarin in time to use the pass, the queue had not moved from 70 minutes all day. We rode the ride, got stuck, got free fast pass, rode again straight away, this time with no hitches, be warned, this is not the ride if you suffer from vertigo, especially if you stop. But nevertheless, a fantastic experience and wonderful sight, you even get smellyvision. The day as usual organised with military precision by my dutiful husband, out of the house at 8am returned at 9pm, three parks and all the usual rides and the new ones later, great day, feet aching now.
    [/quote]

Wow 3 parks in one day, we have never managed more than 1.
    I thought I would be too scared to go on Everest but from what you say I think I will give it a go. I do go on just about all rides (except the Big One in Blackpool - I'm sure the drop would kill me[xx(])

Tracey
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1811.aspx

http://video.orlandosentinel.com/glo...9&rnd=39604782

just a little bit on the expedition[msnwink]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I rode Everest today, another one of the annual passholders allowed a sneak preview of the new ride which doesnt open to the public for a couple of months yet. We arrived too late for a fast pass and went standby, the sign on the gate said 90 mins, in fact even with a full contingent of fast passers slotting in, from the gate it is nowhere near 90 mins, it was under an hour so dont be put off. You queue through some great themed areas, Nepal village, base camp, museum on the Yeti with "artifacts" etc. all very authentic as stated, Disney really excells in this sort of thing. Though I hate queuing, I wouldnt have missed seeing all this as it set the scene. The coaster is very like Big Thunder Railroad except much higher and steeper, exciting but not that scary, however the bit where it goes backwards in the dark, and for quite a way too much further than on the Mummy, was awesome, even had a coaster fan like me screaming. All in all, I think it will be successful addition to the park.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lucky you Julie and Caryn, my son will have to wait until our Christmas visit to ride this one, i'll opt to hold the bags.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    We tried it out on Friday [msnsmile2] Great ride and very well themed. The view from the top is fantastic, you can see Epcot, MGM, as well as some of the hotels.

We got commemorative lanyards and pins too [msncool]
    Rosie

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
    We tried it out on Friday [msnsmile2] Great ride and very well themed. The view from the top is fantastic, you can see Epcot, MGM, as well as some of the hotels.

We got commemorative lanyards and pins too [msncool]
    [/quote]I'm so jealous, if only we had been there. We will have to wait until next week when we fly over and keep visiting Animal Kingdom in the hope that they will be having soft openings on the days we are there.
    Glenda and Geoff

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glenda, the cast member we spoke to said they would almost certainly start doing soft openings over the coming few weeks, so hopefully you will get to try it out [msnsmile]
    Rosie

Liesa...thanks for [msnsmile2]the link!!
    Sharon

Don't think for a moment that I can face this ride![xx(]