Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expensive day out

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Parrothead
    Sorry you did not enjoy IOA but everyone to their own thats what we say.
    We now go in first thing in the morning, do all the big rides and are on our way home about 1.00 in time for lunch, if you go early you can do the big rides like the hulk and spider man a few times before it gets busy.

Kim

Florida Savvy
    One of the main poblems, as I said, so much was not open, and we did feel ripped off. Nowhere did it state that all the rides were not operating!
    We did enjoy the rides that were open, but will not be returning.
    Parrothead

Gold 5 Star Member
    They have had a buy out...it was owned by a French company that were running it into the ground...its now owned I think by MBC...who are doing the place up....lots more rides for young kids are coming......and the lake maybe opened back up to boat rides........

You should have complained as they would of given you free tickets or something. I can undertsand you been annoyed if the rides were not open, but that is not what was said in the first post. If your not getting what you paid for complain.
    I once had the same problem at BUSCH we complained and got free tickets for Busch and Sea World, they also gave us food vouchers that could be used at either park.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
    One of the main poblems, as I said, so much was not open, and we did feel ripped off. Nowhere did it state that all the rides were not operating!
    We did enjoy the rides that were open, but will not be returning.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    I also noticed when i went last week that a lot of the rides/areas where closed. Dudley Dowrights Ripsaw Falls was one of them and it looked like it had been closed for ages as the water tubes had green algae all over them [msneek] Kind of reminiscent of the pictures of River Country that i posted some time ago. [msneek]

No where om the entrance to the Universal area or IOA itself did it say anything was closed .
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
    I also noticed when i went last week that a lot of the rides/areas where closed. Dudley Dowrights Ripsaw Falls was one of them and it looked like it had been closed for ages as the water tubes had green algae all over them [msneek] Kind of reminiscent of the pictures of River Country that i posted some time ago. [msneek]

No where om the entrance to the Universal area or IOA itself did it say anything was closed .
    [/quote]

Dudley Dowright was closed by the last owners....the new ones are doing it up...and adding or finishing new rides...it will take them a long time...and a lot of money...the info is easy to get from any worker there.....

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald

[/quote]

Dudley Dowright was closed by the last owners....the new ones are doing it up...and adding or finishing new rides...it will take them a long time...and a lot of money...the info is easy to get from any worker there.....
    [/quote]

How long are we talking? I'm going early May and really want to go on this [V]

Florida Expert
    Doing it up! It looks a mess! I didn't see much wrong with the park when Vivendi owned it or has it gone that downhill over the last 16 months (Not much else had changed apart from a lot of the animated bits in Suess Landing not there or working).

As for getting the info from any worker there, that is all well and good but you don't want to have to pay a lot of money to find a lot of the stuuf is not working or being done up! Most of the other parks tell you at the gate if any of the attractions are not working.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Florida Savvy
    I'm sorry you had bad days as well. I did start to think it was just me being too picky[msnwink]

Well, we have been, and as I said earlier, I will not go back, mainly because we dont have small children. I will have to ask my guests what they thought of the park.
    Parrothead

I've been looking at IOA posts for a while and as we're not too bothered about fast rides, I haven't seen anything that would tempt me to go I'm afraid.