Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expensive day out

Florida Savvy

Expensive day out

Went to I O A for first time a couple of weeks ago. We all said would not want to rush back, couple of good rides, but on the whole very small park. It took us a couple of hours to do all the rides and that was it
    A lot of money for not a lot to do[msnsad]
    Parrothead

we enjoyed it!! lots of walking i thought! we enjoyed watching the magic man whilst the others went on some "scarey rides"
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think IOA is great and it has always taken us a full day to get around. Especially with the little water play areas for the children.
    We love it, can't wait to go back.[8D]
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    We spend a lot of time in I.O.A...we know all the staff...we always got a one day two park ticket in the past and find we can do both parks fine out of season...we now have a year pass to both parks....and go to I.O.A for dinner ....in 2 week we went about 6 times last trip.....[msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    IOA is our favourite park, it takes us all day to do it but we don't do it every trip, some of our favourite rides are in there like Hulk and Spiderman.
    CDV

It's my daughters (now aged 17 and 20) favourite park, they love the rides and find plenty to do. We often take in a film and eat at either Jimmy Buffet's or Hard Rock afterwards.
    Fiona

IOA Spiderman is my favorate ride, I was so chuffed last time when my youngest was tall enough, so now all the family can go together. The best seats as always are at the front, but they are all great.

Gold 5 Star Member
    My eldest loves IOA, his favourite in the Orlando area, he is also a big Busch Gardens fan, he loves the white knuckle rides so opts for those kind of parks.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Its a great park with some top quality rides, it is impossible to do it in a 'couple of hours' just to do the following you would have had to of done a ride evey 13 minutes (including getting from ride and NOT inc shows) in order to cover them within a couple of hours:

The Hulk Coaster
    Fire Coaster
    Ice Coaster
    Cat in the Hat - not a thrill ride but its a laugh
    Spiderman - cutting edge ride
    Doctor Dooms fearful - dont do just after lunch!
    Jurassic Park

Great Wet rides
    Ripsaw Falls
    Bilgerat Barges

Shows
    Poseidons Fury
    The eight Voyage of Sinbad

Plus all the minor stuff, gives you way more than a couple of good rides. Busch is the only other park that has as many thrill rides.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
    Went to I O A for first time a couple of weeks ago. We all said would not want to rush back, couple of good rides, but on the whole very small park. It took us a couple of hours to do all the rides and that was it
    A lot of money for not a lot to do[msnsad]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    You must have been really lucky with queues to get around all the rides in a couple of hours! Although I am not a big roller coaster fan my husband and my nephews loved this park and we spent the full day there.