Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expensive day out

We have never been able to do IOA in just a couple of hours either. I agree it is one of the best parks for the thrill rides. Are you sure you didnt miss out a whole section of the park?

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Hi Martin,
    take it from me,I was there, we did it in 2 hours.
    Some of the rides were closed and most of the shows, we felt ripped off.
    It was a park I was really looking forward to,I love roller coasters. I will not be rushing back.
    Parrothead

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
    Hi Martin,
    It was a park I was really looking forward to,I love roller coasters. I will not be rushing back.
    [/quote]

Phew I'm tired just thinking about it. You must have moved around the park at break neck speed, we've never even done Supermarvel land in less than two hours.
    Paula

Florida Savvy
    The youngest member of our group was 15, so we were not interested in the kids stuff, but had we gone a few years back, I am sure it would have been a good day out.
    Parrothead

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh! I really enjoyed IOA. I don't go on any of the scary rides at all, but I loved the atmosphere and thought the shows in particular were fabulous. As we are not"Scary ride obsessed" in our house, I guess we tend to soak up the other elements in the parks, which I often feel are not really appreciated by all! But then, thats why we all love the choices available in Orlando [8D]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were there last May and spent the whole day there and didnt do half of the rides. Granted the queues were quite long (50 mins for the Hulk and 45 for Spiderman) but we thought that the park was bigger than we had expected. They have a good balance of ride for all ages and will be back in May to do some of the rides we missed.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We went a couple of years ago but as someone who does not relaly like the big rollercoasters or simulators (and with a 2 year old) I spent most of the day stnading with the bags. I hated it!!!

This trip hubby went in himslef and had a much better day in the single rider queues!!!!! That way he did manage to do both Universal parks in the one day. And that is with riding his favourites two or three times.

Lx

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Incrdible Hulk and Duelling Dragons are my favourite rides in IOA
    Our kids are now adults and enjoy the rollercoasters!

Florida Savvy
    IOA not my favorite park but Spiderman is one of the best rides ever and my daughter loves Cat in the Hat.

We were there this Christmas and the Grinchmas show was lovely especially the dog[clap]

Tracey
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1811.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
    Hi Martin,
    [/quote]

i would give it another go, so many have enjoyed this park, i know we did, the one thing i did think was it wasnt as big as other parks? maybe i'm wrong but i dont do walking very well with the bad knee, and didnt find it as big to get around but certainly enjoyed it, even sat and had chilli fries there!! yummy!! had to let the others dry out after the boat ride (not sure of the name, round ones)
    Liesa