Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orlando without the Parks

My wife (Sue) is currently 6 1/2 months pregnant and we've already booked our trip to Florida next June.

I can't see us not doing the parks (the joy of the baby swap), albeit at a slower pace, but I'm sure that there will be more time spend around the pool and taking in some of the area's more tranquil sights and sounds.

Of course it helps that we're going for a little longer and staying in a villa as opposed to a hotel !

I was wondering about flying with a 9 month old, but nobody else on the forum seems to have had any problems.....here's hoping !
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

Florida Junior
    No disrespect to Spain or Tenerife intended KingKong but you often find that mass produced holiday apartments all over Europe have been built with sub-standard (too narrow) plumbing and you end up having to use a bucket instead of just flushing sanitary products or risk blocking the system which is even worse! - it is pretty standard throughout "package holiday" Europe unfortunately and is something that neither of us think we should have to put up with.
    The US is just like home but fortunately the weather is somewhat better [8D]

Regards
    Les

Florida Newbie
    No offence taken

Dont get me wrong i love USA(got married in Hawaii)thats why i like coming on this sight now and then.

Maybe the Canary Islands have more modern accomodation than mainland Spain (Benadorm,Malaga etc)because i have never heard of tourists slopping out their apartments or hotels so to speak over here (Lanzarote)ever.

[)]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I hate yankie plumbing.....lol....its one of my big moans here.....I'm hoping its going to be better in the villa.....

Florida Newbie
    Les
    We have three children, the eldest first flew to florida at 11 months, the second at 9 months and we were really brave with the 3rd who was just 6 weeks old. It is soo much esier with a baby than a toddler. We also had no issues whilst in Florida, enjoying both the parks and also relaxing days at the villa.

The middle one did pick up a bug whilst there, a quick visit to Centra Care, an antibiotic shot and 6 hours later we couldn't belive the difference. We wouldn't have had that any where else, so it didn't disrupt our holiday and we all had such a great time.

Even now, the children are aged 12, 6 and 2 and they are fine on the plane as they are used to it, having flown at least once, if not twice a year.

We do try and have break, last time going into Philly with US Airways - no problems, they were fed and watered and just wanted a bed by the time we arrived in Orlando.

We now have to wait until Christmas until our next visit - 177 sleeps and counting !!

Florida Expert
    We've holidayed all over with the boys since they were born. They have grown up quite comfortable with flying and it probably bothers them less than me - after all they have lots of space even in economy. The introduction of seat back tvs has helped since they got older.
    I would happily travel to Florida with a small baby though. Perfect place to chill out in the villa, pool on hand, air-conditioned comfort. Not that I plan on having another one to test it out though - two is quite enough for me.
    Angela