Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: snow would you miss it?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes.

29 35.37%
  • no.

30 36.59%
  • never seen it in real life because i live in florida

0 0%
  • i hate the snow so a big NO!

23 28.05%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: snow would you miss it?

I must admitt if you have ever been on a skiing holiday and woke up when it is snowing, opening your presents it has a special feel to it.

Then once you open them and normally get bored you can go up the mountain. cool
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Expert
    I don't like driving in it but seeing the little ones faces when they see it can't be missed[msnsmile]

ALR

Would I miss snow? No, not at all. Give me sunshine any day, especially the Florida sunshine.[msnwink]

I hate snow, my daughter loves it, but I am afraid I am just miserable in the winter[msnsad]

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    I remember the first time we had 4ft of snow in the USA........remembering how 1 inch would bring England to a stand still hubby took his time to dig out......only to find out work was open....and everyone else was there......the roads are clear by 5 in the morning....that makes a big diffence...in fact wind storms......bring the most trouble....closing up a lot of things....
    [/quote]
    But remember in England, we always have the wrong type of snow (leaves, rain etc)

I voted yes, but I don't actually remember the last time we had snow at Christmas!
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    I voted no. Much as I love snow, it never snows on Christmas Day anyway and we are always in Florida at Christmas.[msnsmile2]

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Don`t think I would miss the snow as I like a bit of heat.
    Tracy

Super Moderator
    With autumn and then winter just around the corner I wonder how much snow we will get this year?

Last year we had a white Christmas in Sheffield which was very pretty and great fun playing ultimate frisbee in the snow then using them as sledges as we did not have any. Think I still prefer the no snow option only because the train companies seem to think it is a good excuse to downgrade an already poor service, the buses stopped running some days and we had no post for 4 days as it was 'too dangerous for the postman to get out'!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jill I remember our first MA winter we woke up to about 18 inches of snow hubby phoned work to find everyone already there...he thought it would be closed..its only closed once when we had a blizzard..can't wait for the cooler weather to be honest ..its been so humid this summer I did not leave the house for 3 weeks..

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I love to look at snow on the garden when the only footsteps in it are from the birds. I hate going out in it, but now I have retired I don't have to go out for days if I don't want to. I would love to be in Florida for Christmas, but the question was for living in Florida, you would then have no chance of seeing snow, it amazed me how even though they don't see snow they still associate it with Christmas, with fake snowmen etc as part of their Christmas decorations. When we visited Sea World just before Christmas they had fake snow falling as we left the park.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    As we left FL last year the frost was so thick it looked like snow..that was very early in the morning..but it was colder when we left FL then when we got to MA..