Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: DVD Camcorder

Florida Savvy

DVD Camcorder

Just wondering if anyone has the sony DVD camcorder, was gonna ask santa for one[msnwink] can anyone recomend it or do i stick with the tape one.
    Thanks
    Teresa

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Teresa
    It is all personal preference but when I was looking round a few weeks ago I decided to go with a digital tape. The main reason being that I could shoot the video, then download onto the computer, edit it and then burn a disk when I had what I wanted. I was advised by several people this was the best way to go. I am a huge Sony fan but the problem with their camcorders is that they all work from the screen which used a lot of power and gives a very poor battery life, which is a major problem if you are going to be out and about and cannot recharge the battery easily. The battery life seems to be approx 30 mins so even with a spare you will be limited to approx 1 hour. We use ours to video visits to parks etc so we can show grandparents what the kids have been upto and 1 hour just is not enough for us.

we have asony camcorder, and its great, not an expensive one, but a nice easy one i can handle!!! the only thing is i cant find the right cd's to load it from the pc onto dvd? have bought a couple of lots and it says they are the wrong ones, so i kind of gave up!! any ideas????
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Teresa
    I have just bought one for my daughter and son-in-law for christmas. Don't know to much about it, but it seems ok. I got a good deal from Curry's for it, go on the internet and find the cheapest price, print it of and take it to Curry's. They do a price match, the cheapest online price was from Comet. Also Sony are giving money back as well, just send the receipt and instructions to them.
    Barbara

blimey you cant really go wrong then for that!!
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Liesa, it is advertised in curry's for £429 i got it for £319 a good saving of £110. Not bad. Barbara[msnwink]

thats great!!!!
    Liesa