Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Homosassa river

Florida Junior

Homosassa river

Hi all

we are planning on swimming with the manatees at Homosassa River with Sunshine Tours next march. As we've got to be there for 5.30 am
    I thought of driving down the night before.
    Can anybody recommend a cheap but tidy hotel/motel for a family of 5 ??
    Or has anybody done it and gone down that morning.....??
    many thanks
    Mona

Florida Junior
    We swam with the manatee last december at Crystal River with Tracie at Native Vacations. We travelled down on the Saturday and stayed at the Days Inn Crystal River. Adequate Motel for 1 night, room bit small but clean. It had a Dennys Restaurant next to it for an evening meal and great breakfast. As we were doing the swim with the manatee they allowed us to leave our bags and then go back for a shower before checking out at 2pm.

Florida Junior
    Well, I've still not booked our manatee swim....
    I have now got two companies which do the swim, but can't decide which one to go for.
    One is at Homosassa and the other at Crystal River...where is the nicer place to go ??
    Thanks for any inf .
    Mona

You can buy tickets for the swimming with manatees with the park ticket link at the top of this page, great prices.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Junior
    Thanks for that info Karen....

We don't really want to do a tour though, but just do the swim with a smallish personal group and then organize the rest of the day ourselfs.
    We were thinking of going down to Tarpon Springs for the afternoon.

Mona

Florida Newbie
    We did this with Capt Mike.... Sounds like just what you're after.

I googled it at 8pm the night before, rang Mike who gave me the details and at 4am we set off from the Villa with Tom Tom guiding the way. A fantastic morning on the river in beautiful surroundings. We had 3/4 encounters with Manatees and it's something I'll remember fondly forever.

Our small boat had approx 6 more people aside from us aboard.
    Y.N.W.A.