Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAARRGGH

Gold 5 Star Member

AAARRGGH

Spent almost my whole lunch hour in a queue at the bank. I wanted a £50 note to go in a card as part of a 50th birthday present.
    When I got to the counter I was told they couldn't help me as the minimum cash withdrawal was £300 - everything under that has to be taken from the cash machine - aaarrrghh [msnmad] [msnmad]

The only way round it was to go the cash machine, draw £50 and then stand in the queue again and ask them to change it for a £50 note.

Needless to say I didn't bother [gun]

I was not a happy bunny [msnmad]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    this is absolutely bloomin ridiculous
    what happens if your minibank card is damaged and you need some cash

if i were you i would be sending a rather stern letter or e.mail to the banks head office

what ever happened to good old fashioned customer service?[gun]
    Mizzy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Bet it's the Halifax is it? I noticed a sign when I was paying money in the other day and if it was my account would be absolutely furious. I know several people who refuse to use machines in case they have been skimmed and to be told that was the only way I could get less than £300 (which lets face it most of us dont draw out that much from a machine at a time, would pretty soon see me changing my account to a more people friendly one.
    Babblin Boo

sad so and so's!!!!
    things do change dont they!! what happened to customer service???? its not like it would've hurt!!!!
    Liesa

Whose money is it when all's said and done?[msneek]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    Whose money is it when all's said and done?[msneek]
    [/quote]

Makes you wonder doesn't it Liz [V]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Probably another service that they offer to "new customers only" Julie. Banks seem to be getting more and more faceless don't they.[V]
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Julie
    what I would have done here is withdrawn £300.00 and then asked the cashier to re-deposit the other £250.00 for me!! This will cause them more work than if they had just given you the £50.00. The reason they are doing this is to try to reduce the branch staffing levels to a minimum, so much for customer service, and I would let the bank know exactly what I thought of this idea.

[clap][clap] good idea, must remember if i need to change money or get a small amount from the bank
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    So, if I was planning on mugging someone (which I am not), my best bet would be to watch for Halifax customers withdrawing money at the counter - that way I know I would be getting at least £300 !!!!!!! All I'd have to do is stand in a long queue to see who my next 'target' would be !!!

Good idea Chris - if enough people did that they would soon change their policy.

Mary