Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: CATS

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love them, they are so cute

41 37.27%
  • Hate them, they smell

10 9.09%
  • Take or leave them

4 3.64%
  • Ok if someone elses

10 9.09%
  • Member of the cat Hate league

13 11.82%
  • Dont give a hoot!

1 0.91%
  • Give me a dog anyday

21 19.09%
  • Other.. feel free to comment!

10 9.09%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CATS

Florida Expert

The neighbour has cats, and they pee on anything upright. The garden in the summer stinks

I do not understand how anyone can have animals in the kitchen, let alone cats that walk along worktops, and then sit their bums on them. YUK!

Most cat owners say, "I don't let mine do that" but I have yet to be in a cat owners home and NOT seen the cats on the sides.[sick]

Sorry, I like animals, just not over kitchens and bedrooms. You can never tell where they have been, let alone know what they have done. [confused]
    KJH

I am more of a dog person - I do have 2 old english sheepdogs! But we have a little black moggy, or did. He was last in last in last Saturday morning and we have not seen him since. It is very upsetting as we go to Florida on Tuesday and we are going to spend the whole holiday worrying about him. He would be 15 in January. I have done a leaflet drop in the area and put up notices, notified all the local vets, charities etc. and he has not been handed in. We all keep thinking we here him coming in squawking his head off, the not knowing what has happened to him is the worst. His last gifts to me were a mouse last week and a rat about a month ago! Prior to that he had not bought things in for years.
    Fiona

I can love or leave them but when they pull my plants up and toss soil everywhere
    I would like to strangle those little moggies
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    We have a cat but this would not have been my choice. He belongs to my daughter - a birthday present from her Godparents when she was 10. She is now 17. She desperatly wanted a pet and at the time we thought this was an easier option than a dog because they are more independent and don't need walking etc. Previously we had owned a dog for 15 years - a mongrel that looked very much like Tramp from the film Lady and the Tramp. He was lovely but it was difficult when we went on holiday and we felt guilty leaving him in the house at night if we went out, as he had been in the house all day whilst we were at work.
    Barbara
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/737.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I am in the don't like cats much camp but it stems from my neighbours two cats trashing our garden, the final straw for me was when one of the cats killed a little bird in our garden who had a nest full of just hatched chicks in our nesting box and they all died because she was not there to take care of them and daddy bird abandoned the nest. I was distraught to find her chewed up. I wanted to take the nesting box to the Vets but Andy told me no, it's natures way so they just died in he nesting box and Andy had to tip it out into the forest behind the house.
    I was so upset/angry I could not speak to my neighbours. The cats broke all my plant pots, garden ornaments, peed in the back corner of the lawn, dug up the lawn and plants etc etc.

I tried absolutely everything form lemons to Chillis. The best tip I had was to go to the zoo and get some Lion Dung, but my German does not go that far!

I think cats are like women they only come to you when they want something[msneek]

CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH

I do not understand how anyone can have animals in the kitchen, let alone cats that walk along worktops, and then sit their bums on them. YUK!

[confused]
    [/quote]
    I seen a friends cat doing this once, I couldn't even have a drink of her now[sick][sick][sick][sick]

Paula

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH

[confused]
    [/quote]
    I seen a friends cat doing this once, I couldn't even have a drink of her now[sick][sick][sick][sick]

[/quote]

Mmmmmmmm I am not a fan of that situation either. My aunts cats roam around the kitchen and it puts us all off too.
    CDV

Kaz you will NOT find mine on a worktop!! she has tried and i had to politely "move" her
    we even make her go out at night so she doesnt get on the tops away from the dog, even tho they love each other
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    Don't do pets, bringigng up 2 kids was hard enough, and besides anything else I am far too selfish[msnsad]
    [/quote]

Definately Liz, 2 sons is enough for me to tidy up after.
    Sarah

why dont they pose when you want them to????
    Liesa