Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Visit for 9 Years

Florida Newbie

First Visit for 9 Years

Just arrived back after first visit for 9 years and now with kids ( 3 & 5 ). 2 Weeks of WOW.[8D]
    WOW does not do it justice, new parks, still cheap, great weather. We flew with Virgin, had a 1.5 hour delay but other than that no problems or complaints. Hired from Dollar nice an easy as in the airport.

Immigration as happy as i remembered, security tighter than a noose, Son ( 3 ) screamed the palce down when Bunny ( his cuddly toy ) had to be xrayed but the staff where nice about it. First time ive had me shoes xrayed!!!!!

We had rented a villa via the internet and i am happy to say it was all we had been told. First class instructions on how to get to it and a home from home when we arrived. Pool was great, we had it heated and it was a nice 92F, BLISS.

Visited

Magic Kingdom, first day it was PACKED, other days was quieter. Pooh bear ride SHUT which was a shame for the kids. Firweworks where nice as was the parades. Fastpass is a great idea and works.

Animal Kingdom, Brill kids loved the animal safari, got wet on river rapids.

MGM, Great Movie tour closed but rest was superb, great to visit at weekend as StarWars characters there, Me and Darth Vader what a picture. Backlot tour closes from 10th for refurb, don't know how long for. Met Sully from Monsters Inc. youngest got shock of his life when he moved, oh the tears of laughter from us.

Typhoon Lagoon, kids had a whale of a time so we went twice, advised by lots of people there againt Blizzard Beach as kids are still young. Wave was fun.

Universal, great time, shame that Shrek opens on the 13th June but the rest was great, Jaws scared the whatsit out of the kids as they was Shark side, made us laugh though, as well as everyone else on the boat!!. Did not have time to do Island of Adventure but looked good.

Sea World, still my fave, Kraken was awesome, Journey to atlantis was closed first and due to open on 12th but was open when we went back on the 6th and we got soaked.
    Shamu show out of this world, what a feeling of pride the trainers must have working with the animals.

Security was evident bag searched everywhere but they have it down to a fine art so does not hold you up much, actually compared to this country most things are!

We also did a Character Breakfast, Chef Mickey at the Contemporary was excellent had a 11:15 sitting and it was packed when we got there but at 12 o'clock there was just us and another family left, all the characters stood around with nothing to do so the kids got to spend 15 minutes on their own with Mickey, Minne, Pluto, Goof, Chip & Dale you just had to be there to see their faces having all these characters to themsleves, food was good as well. Well worth a visit.

Went to Pirate Show food was rubbish & service was wosre, first time i have refused to tip, maybe she had an off night. Show was OK but sound was a bit rough. Got dragged into the show as a bit part had to carry a sack, made the wife laugh.

Did some of meals in villa but also went out, tried Ponderosa and Golden Corral buffets, went back to Golden Corral as great value,Pondersa was not as good. Eat in some of the parks but was a bit pricey. Also did some picnics but Seaworld would not let us take food or cooler in, had a moan about that but they said it was for the animals health?.

Petrol!!!!! what can you say but rip off Britain.

Flight home nice n easy, kids slept all the way.

Have decided to look into a rental property ourselves as two weeks is not enough and kids want to go every year.

Florida Expert
    Great trip report - glad you had a good time. I have always been meaning to go to the Pirate Show but I guess I might give it a miss after your review.

Angela
    Angela

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Hi MRKW

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to file your trip report, so pleased that you had such fun. Don't leave it another 9 years next time though.

If you are interested in buying a villa, check out the advice on this site and if you have any questions are experts are always on hand to advise.

Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm pleased that the villa you rented lived up to your expectations and will hopefully lead more people to booking direct with the owner.
    Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    MKRW

Sounds great, we go in 5 weeks and have hired from Dollar as well. Decided to get a seven
    seater thingy so the kids can sit apart. We also plan to go back to Treasure Island, thats
    where we spent our honeymoon all those years ago.

Kids want to do all the parks, but we have decided to do one day out, next day lazy. Well thats
    the plan.

Chris
    Chrisj

Florida Savvy
    Bummer I gotta wait 6 months, good part of it is just imagining a whole month in sunny Florida a world apart from frigid Alaska!

Florida Newbie
    Have decided that we can't wait[8D] another nine years so of we go in 2004, want to go 27th May - 10th June, have confirmed flights ( I hope ) and have made some general enquires but if anybody reads this and has a villa available for that period drop me a line as i have not confirmed a villa yet ( Fingers Crossed )

Counting the Days minutes & seconds.

Florida Expert
    Hi, we as villa owners are not allowed to answer your request through the forums.

Best bet would to decide which size of villa you require and then put out a request for that particular size. All homeowners who have availability will then reply to you.

Your problem will then be deciding which lovely OV home is best for you.

Good luck.

Florida Newbie
    Sorry didn't mean to do something wrong, i have now sent a general query for all you villa owners out there, sorry if i have already enquired with some of you!!

It's getting nearer[8D]

Florida Newbie
    Blimey, posted a request got 107 answeres, i am now trawling through them,i apologise[:I] in advance to all those i do not reply to but thank you all for taking the time to respond

Kevin & Lisa Wright