Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple Store today and my 8 y/o!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Sounds good - I have to admit to holding off on buying a new Mac until they have settled in with the new Intel based ones as I think there will be some very special announcements in the new year and did not want to invest so heavily now only for it to be replaced very soon [msnwink]

My dream machine at the moment would be one of those quad G5 Power Mac's with 8Gb RAM and two 30" cimena displays. I was doing some video editing in Final Cut Pro HD using a dual processor Power Mac with 30" display at the Trafford Center last Saturday and it was a dream to use.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Ok - that rules me and Kay out then [msnsmile]

It's a very cool program regardless - we've had great fun as a family with it [msnsmile2]

Thanks Julie. All my Macs have iLife 05 and Kay's does too so I'm not sure anyone else on here will have seen Garageband 1.
    [/quote]

Anyone that has a Mac thats a year or older will have the original version unless they have upgrade to iLife 5[msnwink]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Yes hubby only got his Quad 2.5GHz recently but he is looking forward to the Intel Macs optimistically due out in Jan 2006[msnsmile]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

So you are really becoming a Mac man now then John[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    Great photos Julie! tell Louis thanks for showing us!!!

so very clever!!!

[/quote]

Thanks Liesa I will[clap][clap]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Yep - have been for quite a while now [msnsmile]

So you are really becoming a Mac man now then John[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Sounds good - I have to admit to holding off on buying a new Mac until they have settled in with the new Intel based ones as I think there will be some very special announcements in the new year and did not want to invest so heavily now only for it to be replaced very soon [msnwink]

[/quote]

Hi John

would also hold if you were buying a power books as well as a Mac? From talking to people one of the reason Apple are changing to intel is the cooling problems in the ibook and power book as they cannot install the cooling fans that they do in the Macs.

We have been back to the Apple Store again today[msneek][msneek][msneek]

Got some add-ons for GarageBand 2, got my eldest son (who is at Uni) an Airport Express to go with his Powerbook - he is doing Audio Media Management degree at Uni and everything they do is on Macs[msnwink]

Louis has been invited back to do a session on the electric guitar, date TBA so look out for it on their web page[msnwink]

Yep - they cannot get G5 processors in the laptops as they run too hot and the laptops would be too bulky with the necessary fans. Hence the Apple laptops currently all have G4 processors.

To be honest I'd be in two minds if I wanted a PowerBook. Part of me says wait for the Intel based ones but another part of me says all the rumours are that Apple's consumer Mac's will be the first to get Intel with the Pro ones (like the PowerBook) following later on. Thus it could be mid 2006 before the Intel PowerBook's come out (or quite likely even later).

On balance, if I wanted one I'd buy now as the current range are fab and plenty fast enough for anything I'd even need it for with lots more power to spare.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrissb
    would also hold uot if you were buying a power books as well as a Mac? From talking to people one of the reason Apple are changing to intel is the cooling problems in the ibook and power book as they cannot install the cooling fans that they do in the Macs.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi John

thanks for that. I have been very tempted by a powerbook and liked the spec but was unsure about waiting for the new Intel based. I think I am going to treat myself as the current range will do all I want and you could wait forever if you want to wait for the latest thing.

Good call - there is also a school of thought on the net that says steer clear of v1 of anything as it will have wrinkles which need to be ironed out (some are saying this will include v1 of any Apple Intel's). The current PowerMac is several revisions old now and tried and tested - the latest revision is the best yet too with some good improvements over the previous (very good) model.

Hi John

thanks for that. I have been very tempted by a powerbook and liked the spec but was unsure about waiting for the new Intel based. I think I am going to treat myself as the current range will do all I want and you could wait forever if you want to wait for the latest thing.
    [/quote]

Hi John

[/quote]

Chris, I have a 12" Powerbook, hubby has the 15" (amoungst his collection) and my eldest has the 15" we have been really pleased with them, so if you want one I then go for it. Some rumours say that the imac and the powerbooks will be the first to have intel as they are Apples best sellers so who knows[msnwink]

Getting back to topic [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]when we got home from the Apple Store we got 2 powerbooks, and the keyboard and the electric guitar all wired up and playing through the B & W surround speakers in the lounge and Louis was there for the rest of the day[clap][clap][clap]