Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what you do you the day before apart for packing

Florida Chatterbox

what you do you the day before apart for packing

what do you do the day before you go to florida??????

[confused][confused][confused][confused][confused]

We are usually at work thinking about our trip and looking forward to seeing the villa again.
    Lynne

We finish work, and bomb home as fast as poss, when I get home I get out of my car on the drive and do a little dance 'cos I'm so happy.

Then, I go in the house and open a bottle of nice red, and we both do another little dance.

We always have a take away, and all night, we keep asking each other where are we going tomorrow?, and the other has to say "on our Jollies"[laugh]

In the morning, I always throw up because I'm so excited.[sick]

Florida Chatterbox
    Make sure everything is OK with the suitcases, everything packed, labels secure.

Check hand luggage, make sure that I have not left anything vital out, like medications or reading glasses.

Take the poor dog to the kennels and get upset.

Hoover through once he has gone to the kennels, I do this everyday anyway it is my ongoing battle with dog hair.

I will have already packed the freezer so that I don't need to contmeplate shopping for a few days after I get home.

Fix timer plugs so that lamps go on and off at desired times.

Clean the bathroom.

At about 8pm take a sleeping tablet ( it is the only night I ever take one, otherwise I would not sleep )

9pm go to bed.

Chloe

Gold 5 Star Member
    Print off my list of things to do and my list of things to buy!
    Put the passports/tickets/traveller's cheques/car hire documents/travel insurance in my holiday handbag!
    Print off and laminate some new luggage labels.
    Make sure all the laundry is done.
    Write a list of instructions for my daughter (reminders about rubbish day/dogs).
    Get together any other paperwork I need to take with me!
    Christine

Florida Expert
    Quote Macka...(edited version)

car on the drive and do a little dance 'cos I'm so happy.

we both do another little dance.

In the morning, I always throw up because I'm so excited.[sick]

Is this your impression of "Florida Celeb. Come Dancing" LOL
    Hey Twinkle toes.....you remind me of the Seagulls doing a "dance" on the roundabout at the bottom of our road....(encourages the worms to the surface) LOL LOL

Sick may be due to tooooo much red wine [msntongue]

Me, well I make sure there is no fresh food left in fridge or veg rack

Make sure we have nice clean sheets ready for us to collapse between when we return [msnsmile]

Linda

Linda

Usual trip to the hairdressers.is one important job. Check I have all I neEd for our holiday make sure all bills are paid and up to date.
    Do all the last minute cleaning, I know I will not want to do this when I arrive home after our holiday.
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    PANIC - and EXCITEMENT all rolled into one. Usually doing last minute packing (as soon as I realise I have one inch not used in suitcase I find something else to put in the space).

Clean house top to bottom - if ever we were unlucky enough to have intruders I would hate for them to talk about me.

Usually take away or indoor picnic for dinner and always too much wine because we are in holiday mode. Then cannot sleep and shattered next day before we even start the travelling.

Still, it's all worth it in the end.[8D][msncool]

Mary

Florida Expert
    I usually clean and change all the beds!!! However before our trip in December, I will go to our sons carol concert in the afternoon at church and straight from there I am going to collage to sit an exam at 7 o'clock and then home, so I will have to be packed and ready to go as we leave at 5 on the Tues morning.

Florida Chatterbox
    We always open the change tins we have saved for the childrens spending money,last time we had £425 saved for them,we take it to the bank and change for dollars,have a meal[msncool] out then try to get an early night,can never get to sleep though in case we dont wake up in time
    kitty