Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: what you do you the day before apart for packing

Florida Chatterbox
    One thing I always do the night before is empty my purse of everything I wont need in Florida. Then hide bank and credit cards (the one I'm not taking) so should we be burgled they wont find them. Trouble is last time my 'hiding place' was too good - I still haven't found my other bank card and credit card since August!!! I'm giving myself another week and I'll have to cancel them! Ofcourse as soon as I do this nodoubt I'll find them:-)

Next time I'll have to hide them and write myself a note in the diary as to where to find them -in code ofcourse - just incase the burglar has time to read the diary :-)))

Gold 5 Star Member
    Julie

you sound just like me

buy yourself a new handbag girl for the holiday and put old one with all cards your leaving behind etc in the loft or some other hiding place

then put note in new bag inside pocket with hiding place details for old bag
    i can never find anything that i put somewhere "safe"

i bought my neice some lovely tinkerbell earings in florida for her birthday in june and after looking for them throughut the entire month of may

i found them two weeks ago (when i was looking for something else) oh well she can have them for christmas

Mizzy

same here!!! am forever doing that, put it in a safe place!!
    we always have someone stay here so need the place tidy, i spring clean the cupbards before we go, well the week before, the day before we strip and remake all the beds!!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    i pack my hand louage and sit and watch t.v and mum and dad pack the suit cases

Florida Expert
    Panic
    Write a list
    Panic
    Go to work
    Panic - even though it is three months that I have been looking forward to going. Who will feed the birds?
    Write another list cos the other is left in the kitchen. Anyway what have I packed a week ago
    Get home from work eventually - check both lists - unpack suitcases and re-pack using list
    Take dog for a lomg run. Take dog to friends house - leave dog - cry a little
    Panic - what if dog gets ill
    have a long shower and a glass of wine. Get a take-away and eat it with a glass of wine ,
    Panic How will I cope for nine hours without a fag -- Have a ciggi and another glass of wine.Tidy a little.
    Phone all five children.
    Open another bottle and decide to have just one glass as there is a long day tomorrow.
    Phone friend to see if dog is happy - begin to feel happier -- just one more glass then.Fall into bed -suitcase not shut yet but who cares What was the panic about! I'm on holiday for Goodness sake.
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2015.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yesterday, I booked my flight at 3pm for this morning (!), then rushed home to pack and then drove to the airport for twighlight checkin, came home had a bite to eat,packed my handluggage, phoned my friend and went to bed about half one! So I am now off to bed as it is 4 am back home and I am like a zombie[zzz]
    CDV

I usually clean the house!!!
    I always worry that if anything happens and I don't come back then people will think my house was dirty and messy, how stupid is that?
    We always have dinner from the chippy as I can't be bothered to cook!!

Liz

We go on Saturday (have I mentioned that before[msnwink]), and this year the day before I will be finishing packing, taking the cats to the cattery, having my sons birthday party, making sure I have birthday and Xmas presents packed, sorting out kids amusements for the flights (and snacks), ordering cab, and generally panicking[msneek]
    Dawn Murray

I usually clean the house as well Liz, oh and leave a note out for the milk man to cancel the milk order.
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Expert
    I also clean the house thoroughly and change sheets. Do the laundry, get online shopping sorted (did this on my last trip and it was great). Beds are made in the morning.

I do this because I'm always in a depressed state (post Orlando blues)when I arrive back and would be more depressed if I came back to a messy house and unmade beds.