Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 22nd October - 5th November trip report

Florida Junior

22nd October - 5th November trip report

We had a great time.[msnsmile2] Visited Disney, Universal and Sea World, came home shattered!

Found the driving scary at first but got used to driving in the daytime, not so much in the evening - but I don't like night driving at home!

Wilma didn't cause a problem but the tummy bug I had on the Sunday evening and Monday did!

We are planning on returning - perhaps for my 40th birthday in 2007, I know you didn't think I looked so old I really would like to go to Discovery cove and swim with Dolphins and go to Bush Gardens.

The villa was fab, only wish I had one.

The sat-nav was very useful but we found it often didn't take you to the exact spot, eg. it took us to the opposite side of the highway for a Mc Donalds and it took us to the wrong car park at Universal (we drove past the street where the car park was). Having said that it did get us there more or less and I would recommend one[msntongue]

I will post some pics when I have reduced the image size and uploaded them.

Pleased to hear you had a good time Sandra and looking forward to seeing your pics.
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you had a great time and that the villa you stayed in was Fab, looking forward to seeing the photos.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

great report!!! you never need an excuse to go back to florida!!! its always open!![msnwink]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you had a great time, looking forward to the pics.[msnsmile2]
    Paula

Glad you enjoyed using the Sat Nav. I have noted your comment about Universal, on our next trip out we will adjust then location. As for Mcdonalds, unfortaunately we are at the mercy of the information database provided. No sta nav is perfect but they do make getting aorund in Florida a dream [msncool]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thumpertwinkle
    We had a great time.[msnsmile2] Visited Disney, Universal and Sea World, came home shattered!

Found the driving scary at first but got used to driving in the daytime, not so much in the evening - but I don't like night driving at home!

Wilma didn't cause a problem but the tummy bug I had on the Sunday evening and Monday did!

We are planning on returning - perhaps for my 40th birthday in 2007, I know you didn't think I looked so old I really would like to go to Discovery cove and swim with Dolphins and go to Bush Gardens.

The villa was fab, only wish I had one.

The sat-nav was very useful but we found it often didn't take you to the exact spot, eg. it took us to the opposite side of the highway for a Mc Donalds and it took us to the wrong car park at Universal (we drove past the street where the car park was). Having said that it did get us there more or less and I would recommend one[msntongue]

I will post some pics when I have reduced the image size and uploaded them.

[/quote][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool]

Florida Junior
    Yes Martin the Sat-Nav did make getting around a dream, I cannot imagine how we would have got on without it during the first week.

We found it quite amusing when it took us to the opposite side of the highway for McDonalds as we were on the correct side following the sat nav instructions and drove past the Mc D's, did a U turn at some lights 300 yards past it (as sat nav said) and then reached our destination on the opposite side. What was so funny though is that we drove past it and said there is one there, where it took us to was a Subway.

I trust it has arrived back O.K!

San

Florida Chatterbox
    When you go back make sure you do go to Discovery Cove it is fabulous(You do need to book well in advance though)