Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Careful!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was bite by a shark in Cornwall when I was 6/7...I still have the mark on my head...

Ok it was dead and hang up...but it give me an interest in them every since...I was also covered in its insides...my mum said I smelled bad for a week...LOL

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Southsider
    The Sharks are now in Devon too, there has been one spotted here in Plymouth over the weekend.
    [/quote]

We were in Cornwall when a Great White was in the mouth of the river...the next year its head was in a jar in a small shop near the beach...it was very young to be so small...I was also around the fishing boats when a hammerhead came in...they cut her open and babies fell out into the sea...I spent most of my childhood near fishing boats...getting in the way...asking questions...sometimes sharks that are not native end up near Englands shores....
    the best thing was seeing tons of basking sharks off the fishing dock one very hot evening in Lee on Solent...

Super Moderator
    The following article is in today's Metro newspaper.

"A fisherman was left reeling as he hooked a 90kg (200lb) shark. Mike Duckett was fishing in the sea off Plymouth when a rare mako shark grabbed his bait. The 70 year old tried to hang on but ran out of line, and the mako - which usually roams tropical seas - swam off. He said 'I knew it was a big one but then I saw a dorsal fin'."

A mako shark is one of the fastest sharks and normally feeds off boney fish. This one must have taken a wrong turn somewhere as they prefer warmer waters than those found round our coasts. They are also capable of jumping approx 6' out of the water.