Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Santa Cruz

Florida Junior

Santa Cruz

Have any of you stayed or own on Santa Cruz.

We are staying there soon and would like any recomendations for eating out etc.

Have we chosen well ?

What Junction on the I4 is it ?

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Budboy
    We own a villa on Santa Cruz and yes I think you have made a good choice, but then I would say that. We find Santa Cruz to be a small friendly community which is in a good location just off US27 and 5 minutes away from I4. There are 2 junctions off I4 you can use. Junction 55 will take you straight onto US27, or Junction 58 will take you through Champion's Gate, along Ronald Regan Parkway to US27. We usually use the second option.

As for places to eat I have attached the suggestions that I send to my guests about places to eat.

Hope you have a great holiday and if there is anything else you want to know just ask.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restaurants

Here are some recommendations for places to eat;

Perkins for great breakfasts and home made pies(highway 27, turn left our of Santa Cruz), go through 3 sets of traffic lights, you will now be at the I-4/highway 27 junction. Just a little further up on the right is Perkins. They do great breakfasts, and have a fantastic selection of deserts which you can also take away. Service can be a bit slow.

Cracker Barrell all round American (highway 27, turn left out of Santa Cruz). Go up to the I-4/highway 27 junction and Cracker Barrell is on the left. This is new, opened in May.

Beef O’Brady’s more American with good kids menu (highway 27, turn left out of Santa Cruz) Go to the first set of lights and U turn (you are allowed to do this in US) and Beef O’Brady’s is in the new mall.

La Crepe for delicious French sweet or savoury filled pancakes (Championsgate) Turn left out of Santa Cruz. At the first set of lights turn left, and go along this road intil you see a turn on left signposted Champions Gate. Turn left and go through the first set of lights, and then turn left onto Champion’s Gate Plaza.

The Chinese at Champion's Gate. Good menu with authentic chinese food. Can eat in or they also do a take away service. (see above for directions.)

To get to the 192. Turn right our of Santa Cruz and go down the 27 for approx 6 miles and you will come to the 192 turn off. The marker numbers show the distance from this point

Outback steak house for good steaks (Formosa Gardens)

Charley's Steak House for the World's Best Steaks (near marker 8 on Hwy 192)

Olive Garden for their soup and salad (near marker 10 on Hwy 192 and on International Drive)

Shells for the best seafood - their Clam Chowder is to die for (beyond marker 15 on Hwy 192)

Dennys for breakfasts, (best one is up beyond marker 15 on Hwy 192)

Tony Romas for the hottest baby back ribs in town (192 and International Drive)

La Forchetta for the best Italian food outside of Italy (near Kissimmee on 17/92)

Chilli’s for chilli and mexican food (192)

To get to Celebration, turn left our of Santa Cruz. At first set of lights turn left. Go along this road until there is a sigh for Champion’s Gate, turn left. Follow road past Champion’s Gate to I-4. Take I-4 east towards Orlando. Take second exit marked Celebration onto the 192. Follow signs for Celebration and go into centre where there are several places to eat.

Café D’Antonio upmarket Italian (Celebration)

Max’s Café (Celebration)

Race Rock fantastic range of starters, after these do not need a main course (International Drive)

Cafe TuTu Tango for their totally eclectic mix of food and the other things going on there (on International Drive)

Don Pablo’s Mexican Kitchen (international drive)

Jungle Jims for a Fertility Inferno burger and the only place in town for a real burger (at The Crossroads, Lake Buena Vista)

Restaurant at "Norway" in Epcot for their delicious buffet.

Florida Junior
    Thank you for tips Chris

Looks like you have a lovely villa there.

Florida Chatterbox
    I think you have missed 1 of the best Chris! Manneys steakhouse on the 27 its fab! We own on SC its a really great place to stay. You will have a lovely hol. Please post back on your return
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1698.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Steve
    hate to admit my ignorance but where on the 27 is Maneys steakhouse? I have heard of it but never been, but as we are over for Christmas and New Year we will try it out as long as it is child friendly.

Florida Chatterbox
    It is very child friendly south on the 27 it is just past S Dunes on the opposite side. Fabulous food b1g1free fajitas on Wednesdays. Also there is a lovely place for icecreams and unusual nick nacks on the 27 half way to SD on the same side. It has a big sign for goats milk fudge the icecream is home made & yummy!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is it Manny's Chophouse as here? http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_21131.asp
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Looks like it Blott and with all the positive comments looks like I definately need to add to the list. Even better we will be able to try it out next month[msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes it is Blott thanks. The icecream place is called Webbs & the gift shop has some really unusual stuff a bit like Lavender & Lace the place on Lake Alfred. Fabulous Ts there 2 but Mr says hes not old enough for Saturday afternoon T (believe you me he is. Took my mother to L & L she thought it was lovely & a nice drive
    Personally Chris, I think that Crackerbarrel on the 27 is the worst service in Orlando but perhaps Im unlucky, we go to the one on 192 for that reason. All the rest I agree with & would include also Golden Corral for breakfast
    As you can see eating out makes our holiday!