Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time stay in villa

Florida Newbie

First time stay in villa

Hi all new member here,Just wanted to comment on a villa i stayed in,
    it was a dissapointment, i was really looking forward to staying in a villa for a change but when we arrived i was shocked to find how dirty it was knives and fork full of stale food stuck all over them
    the cooker was covererd in grease, all stale food under the furniture
    and i would'nt like to say what the bed mattress was like.we ended up sleeping on top of the covers,we mentioned it to the property managers but they didnt seem to be bothered, we ask them for to weeks about the lights for the pool to be replaced we are still waiting!!.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am so sorry to hear that the villa you stayed in during your stay in Orlando was a disappointment. Did you book the villa direct with an owner on this site or through a tour operator?
    Ruth

Florida Newbie
    Hi there Ruth,I booked it of the tele text tv.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Then I presume it was through a tour operator. You would therefore be advised to put in a complaint to the tour operator that you booked through and see what they say. For future reference it is much safer to book a villa through a private owner. On this site all the villas are verified for your peace of mind, and us individual owners spend a lot of time and money keeping our villas in tip top condition for the enjoyment of our guests.
    Ruth

I am so sorry to hear about your very bad experience. Unfortunately, tour operators pay absolute peanuts to villa owners, and consequently many of them do not take very good care of them. It is also very difficult to get a tour operator to do anything once they have taken your money.

However, don't let your bad experience put you off renting a villa. Now you have found this site you can choose from lots and lots of beautiful villas whose owners keep them to a high standard, and lovingly care for them. Not only that, but booking a villa from here gives you direct access to the owner, who will go out of their way to be helpful, and give advice whenever needed.

I know that we are only too happy to answer our guests' questions, and we build up a very good relationship with them in the months preceding their visit to our home. Like most villa owners on this site, we want to give our guests a holiday to remember, for all the right reasons.

We visit our villa regularly, several times a year, to ensure that it is kept to a high standard, and many other owners do the same. We would be horrified and appalled to think our villa was in that sort of state, as would others.

I trust that the tour operator will compensate you for your bad experience, and that your next experience will be much better. I do hope that you will return to Orlando, and that you will find a wonderful villa from this site. You will not regret it.

Your accommodation can make or break your holiday, so don't be tempted to try and pick up a bargain - its very true that you get what you pay for, and as Ruth says, we spend a lot of time and money ensuring that our homes are perfect for our guests.

Good luck, and hope you get some satisfaction from your tour operator.
    ellie

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all your replies!!. i wish i had of found this site before we booked i am sure i would have found my dream villa!!
    maybe next time i will? with a little help from this site.

ps. is there any villas near international drive, or dr phillips area
    as relatives of mine would like to be nearer these places.[msnwink]

Many thanks

isnt it ashame thatthese people are like this!
    so sorry you didnt know about this site before you booked that one! you would've been sure of getting the personal touch, these villa owners are so very very proud of thier beautiful homes! just listen to the things they say, how they decorate their homes, how they go out to them all that distance to give them "spring" cleans, and to just go do some odd jobs, all those hours all those miles just so we can have a brilliant holiday, in a wonderful environment, when we go we prefer to spend more of our time (apart from shopping) at the villa (and we havent had the oppertunity to buy our own and probably wont ever) because its so beautiful, comfortable, clean and even peaceful, oh i am reliving our last holiday there a few weeks ago, watching the squirrels running up and down the trees at the back of the villa whilst i was sunbathing, having my daughter, partner and grandson, stay with us and not get under each others feet cos the space is great!!!

next time go through here for the personal touch
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/
    http://www.villasflorida.com/
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    I-drive and Dr. Phillips areas o not have vacation rentals, and are a bit far out from the Disney Parks. Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont, Haines City (sorry if i missed any) are pretty well covered with rentals and perfect locations when visiting the Orlando area.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Expert
    I have rented three villas through this site (and it's sister sites) and every time the accommodation has been fantastic.

Don't let this experience put you off renting a villa but make sure that you use this site in future...

Brizzle.

Florida Junior
    We went in a villa via this site, first visit ever, I was a bit dubious at first, when I was planning the holiday, but I wanted to know exactly where we would be, what the villa was like etc. My mind was put at ease and I decided to book direct after reading reports on the site.

I do not regret it! It was gorgeous, spotlessly clean and the holiday cost me less than if I had gone through a travel agent package deal.