Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relocating to Florida - how do you go about it

Relocating to Florida - how do you go about it

Relocating to Florida - how do you go about it ?

Where do you start ?

We're thinking of looking at the possibility of moving to Florida in 3-5yrs time - but haven't a clue where to start.

I know Visa's will be the big obstacle !!

On our next trip to Florida we'd look at New Homes sites - or someone who could give us advice ( with relocating )

Anyone got any advice ?

Thanks for any help

jj

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Were going out in the next 18 months, we have an advanatge as we already have a property so the next step is a business and associated visas, long process but WORTH IT!

Esprit is the one to ask as she took the plunge, was it 2/3 years ago (?)and has lots of useful information to share.
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    Read and decide which visa you could possibly obtain ..

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_25255.asp

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is difficult to say what the visa situation will be like in 3-5 years time. I know it has got a lot more difficult in the last 3-5 years. The situation with business visas (E2) seems to have reached crunch point with a huge blockage, people waiting months and then not getting their visas. If I were working on a 3-5 year plan, I would be starting a business in the UK suitable to transfer out on L1 or would be training for something where there is a need here so I could get a work based visa.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    [dont bother, it's not that good]

Originally posted by Belfast-jj
    Relocating to Florida - how do you go about it ?

Where do you start ?

We're thinking of looking at the possibility of moving to Florida in 3-5yrs time - but haven't a clue where to start.

I know Visa's will be the big obstacle !!

On our next trip to Florida we'd look at New Homes sites - or someone who could give us advice ( with relocating )

Anyone got any advice ?

Thanks for any help

jj
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    LOL thus speaks one who knows by the sounds!!!! So you made the move then, Mr Chippy, what did you end up doing in the end, dont tell me there is a chippy around here I dont know about,
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi All,

Like many others we have given some thought to relocating from the UK to the US.
    But where to begin!!!!.
    We do have a villa in Florida so I guess that's a start :-)
    I see plenty of so-called "expert" companies who have a list of "visa qualifying businesses", is this something we should look at?
    Can anyone actually recommend any agents who deal exclusively with this? (DM me if you aren't aloud to give their email on the site).
    Rather than ask all the questions everyone else has asked, I just really want some good contacts or web sites with lots of info.

thanks in advance!

Mark
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2047.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Having a property can actually be more of a hindrance than a bonus, in the regard that if you intend to live in the property then obviously only businesses within a certain area will be viable but if you have no fixed criteria can be more flexible and maybe choose an area which is not so dependant on tourist business as the area where your home is likely to be if you chose it to be a rental property.

It doesn;t seem to give any advantage in the obtaining of a visa or right to live and work in the US either.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is a difficult road at the moment, the embassy seem to be clamping down on E2. I would hesitate to recommend any business brokers website to you, rather would tell you to look at the Florida Business Brokers Association website where they all list their businesses, I guess I cannot post the address but if you search om google for it, you will find it. Please be aware that though there is still no official definition of substantial investment the embassy are looking less kindly than they once did on low priced businesses, I would personally be looking in the $200,000 region not the $100,000 region as people once did.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Hi all,myself and my family are also looking into the possibilities of moving to Florida.Could anyone tell me how much roughly, we would be looking at paying an immigration lawyer/advisior, to give us advise. I would be devestated to be told we had no chance of ever moving there, but would rather look at this realistically.