Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kraken

Florida Expert

Kraken

Has anyone done Kraken? What's it like?
    I'm not a huge fan of Sea World but like Journey to Atlantis. Is it worth a day trip just to do the two rides do you think?
    Angela

Florida Chatterbox
    We havent done it but friends of ours have and said it makes Journey to Atlantis looks quite feeble. Last time we were at Sea World, one eveining last Easter, the queues were only 10 minutes.

Florida Expert
    I've done it, only because I was made to! Go on mum, you'll be okay really. Don't be a wimp! Go on etc etc.

So to shut up the kids and hubby I took one ride. I screamed all the way round and couldn't get my hands off the bars when we finished because they'd been olding so tight they were cramped.

I hate drops, don't mind the twists and upside down bits but the drops, ugh and Kracken has one big almighty drop at the very begining.
    Just as well I hadn't eaten before I went on it. Am not taking the kids this year so I won't be cajouled into going on it again.

Jacqui

Gold 5 Star Member
    My guide book says the Kraken goes under water. I have been on about five times and it never does.Or have I just got my eyes shut at the relevant moments??

Julie Carty

Florida Chatterbox
    Went on Kraken many times last year and it doesnt go under water but be warned the message about keeping keys hats and wot not secure if for a good reason hubby got and had lost car keys!!! they stoped the ride for half an hour until they found them people in queue not happy but hubby very relieved to get keys back
    kym

My hubby lost is sunglasses[:0]after storing them in the neck of his t-shirt. Never did get them back. But hubby and our boys say it's one of the best rides and they kept going on it over and over again. It does go through some water, but it's so shallow you wouldn't notice it.

Darrel (aged 14) says it's the best ride in Orlando and Josh (aged 12) says it's brilliant.
    Kerry

My hubby and 11 year old son also think this is the best ride ever invented!! - Our daughter was sobbing in the queue (she's nearly 19) because she didin't want to go on, but didn't want to NOT go on!!! and so I never got to try it as I ended up waiting with her - I was heartbroken at not going on it
    Caroline & Dave

Kraken is a brilliant roller coaster, and every time I have been there it never seems to have a long queue! The big drop at the bginning is very hairy, and it is worsened byt he fact that you can see the track below your feet and also nothing above your head very weird!

Last time I went on Kraken, my brother and I saw an extremely large alligator outside the boundaries of the park just sitting by the side of the road!! We couldnt take our eyes off it and the whole way round we were trying to look at it again! Unbelievable!!
    Tink

Florida Junior
    I found it very similar to Nemesis at Alton Towers.
    Between 5 and 7 in the evening is the best time to go on - I went round 4 times in quick succession, less than 5 minutes wait. Unfortunately it was June and a Thunderstorm stopped the ride as I was waiting in the queue for the front car.
    I only got to do this as my fiancee was having a rest - she doesn't do coasters so this is the only park I have been to so far that I have managed to get onto a decent white-knuckle ride! [] [}]

Dont agree with that comparison sorry! Kraken is a totally different experience to Nemesis, for a start, you are not suspended! It's pretty much the reverse idea of Nemesis where you are above the track, although you still have no floor!

I really rate this as one of the best coasters in Orlando!
    Tink