Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EB5 visa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi
    Have sent details of a forum with a big section on Eb5, one person just got this sucessfully, several others on there going though the process and through more than one scheme, though Seattle is still the favourite. You should be aware that this is a long term investment, you may not lose your dosh, but you do lose immediate access to it for a fair while as it is locked in a scheme, though you should get income from it which varies according to the scheme. Some schemes have better exit strategies than others, Philadelphia for example is a five year scheme and then you can exit but it does not give you anywhere near the same return as Seattle where the exit stretegy is less well defined.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Julie could you also DM the eb5 forum details please?

Florida Savvy
    Do remember that the scheme sunsets in sept and there is no guarantee it
    will be re-newed

Florida Newbie
    hi guys, I am one of the investors in the seattle project, we had our interview today with the Embassy at 8am by 10am we had been given our EB5, we invested in Dec 06 and that is how long most people should expect if their paperwork is in order, i do know we left people at the Embassy who had arrived before us, i do wish them the best and hope it went well for them.

you guys can always contact me re this route, not easy being homeless, moneyless and the rest but i have been there, and not celebrating but for all the wrong reasons

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your first post was October 2005. Kerry. Its been a long journey. Well done for getting your green card. We almost invested too in Dec 2006 and decided to take another route instead. I now think yours was the right one. So do celebrate. Its not the end of a journey but the beginning of another.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    thank you Julie, are you still planning to relocate?

Well done Kerry. You have stuck with your plan and not given up. Hope everything goes well for you after the last 2 years struggling. Congratulations to you both.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am now in the US, Kery, but back on E2. We chickened out of Eb5 in the end. In retrospect I think we should have done it.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Hi julie, i do know what you mean regarding the cash, we do not know when we will see it again, the bottom line is our own comfort zone. it has proved to be a sound investment, all of the investments are different, we are hoping that it will cover a bill of two! not great. where are you based now, interesting site with so many people with so much good information to share.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Back in Orlando. I read on the other site about your husband failing the medical. Has that been resolved? I guess Seattle may be a hard one to get your money back from, no real exit strategy unless they float it on the stock market, but I understand it does a steady income. I always fancied Jay Peak myself. Fancied having a condo to sell after 5 years!
    Julie