Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of electricals in US

Florida Junior

Purchase of electricals in US

The children want to buy electrical goods, i-pod or similar, when on hols, but i am worried about them working in the UK. Do you but a UK plug with them or a travel adapter for use in the UK?

Hi, my son has an American Ipod and it came with a separate multi-voltage charger - it can be connected with a standard UK power lead for a video camera, or a razor lead - you remove a panel and the socket for this plug is underneath. Sorry if that doesn't make sense! Difficult to explain!
    ellie

my son bought an Ipod in walmart and its an appel ipod i believe and it recharges through the pc, dont get the slim one cos after 2-3 months it stops taking the charge, ( am being told i dont do electrics myself) i bought myself a little dremel set for help with my dolls house projects, have bought an adaptor to use here anyway so fingers crossed!!
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    I purchased a ipod from Walmart and it charges directly from your PC although there are a few gadgets out there that allow you to charge from the mains in your home but you'd need an adapter for that. You can find them in Walmart for about $10

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Russ
    I purchased a ipod from Walmart and it charges directly from your PC although there are a few gadgets out there that allow you to charge from the mains in your home but you'd need an adapter for that. You can find them in Walmart for about $10
    [/quote]

thats my boy!
    Liesa

We have many electrical items bought in the US, iPods, laptops, dig cameras etc all work fine[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Be careful what you buy as they have a differant voltage system to us and also you can legally only bring £145 each back into the country. If one item is over £145 then you cannot split it between people travelling with you and you will have to pay duty upon entry into the UK.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

my most extravegant item was a fujifilm didgital camera!![msnembarrased] $147
    its a great little gadget even got video recording on it, my old one let me down especially at seaworld, i got the after splash from Shamu[msncry]
    Liesa

I heard the best place to buy Ipods was at Dixons duty free at the airport - I am sure I will be corrected, but we found there was not a lot of price difference in the USA
    Dawn Murray

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    iPod's also charge directly from the mains (it's quicker to do this than charge from your PC). The supplied power adapter is dual voltage and works well in the US and UK - all you need to use it in the UK is a US to UK plug adapter.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Russ
    [/quote]