Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Villa owners adverts

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Arby

There are many as equally nice homes available for X amount per week or even less. It depends when you bought your villa and how. If you have a high mortgage and bought at the end of a development or you have a low mortgage and bought at the beginning this will all affect how much rent you can afford to take. Now THAT is all relative. [/quote]

Sorry, but the above part of this statement is incorrect and shows a common misunderstanding of economics that can't go unchallenged. It would be too dangerous if other people believed it. The prices of villas is determined by supply and demand. The amount of mortgage on a villa determines its rental rate no more than the amount of mortgage on a hotel detemines its rate. I know of a hotel chain that has no long term debt, and their rooms are certainly not free, or even cheaper than they should be. The only thing a mortgage determines is the net cash flow to the owner.

As far as your battle on terminology goes, that is more subjective than your mistatement of facts about costs and prices. At most, the descriptions could legally be termed "puffery" by US law. An owner is understandably more proud of their villa than others would be...but still villas offer excellent value compared to hotels.

i think this is getting silly now! it was only someone mentioning different words used to advertise!!

lots of useful words to the individual!! all the villas i have looked at especially through this site are fab, no one is better then anyone else!!! we are all equal just like to do different things!!!

lets just enjoy all the villas we see and appreciate the hardwork gone into them to make them as individual as possible!!![msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    I cant get my head round why you are so uptight about the wording of adverts, most of the villas out there advertise a gamesroom, but each gamesroom will be totally different from another, we all have private pools but some are different than others and offer more in seclusion,we all have a different outlook at the rearof our properties, some are closer to Disney than others, it doesn't matter as we all get our bookings ( usually) based on the photo's and level of professionalism when dealing with our guests, not the wording, albeit it may help to catch the potential renters eye in the begining.

I have four villas, all different than the next, different interiors and slightly different exteriors, it does not set me back by saying luxury, prestigious, and any other positive adjective that comes to mind, nor do I feel guilty about writing these words in my adverts. I have yet to receive negative comments with regard to this.

And by the way, I own a lovely little Corsa and a 330CLK Mercedes Cabriolet and I really dont mind which I drive, and I am a very intelligent person, both get me from A to B.

If you ever purchased a Luxury villa in Florida of your own, I would be interested in how your own advert would sound.
    Karen

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/209.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/400.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Arby
    There are many as equally nice homes available for X amount per week or even less. It depends when you bought your villa and how. If you have a high mortgage and bought at the end of a development or you have a low mortgage and bought at the beginning this will all affect how much rent you can afford to take. Now THAT is all relative. The description of standard accommodation as 'luxury' is not.
    [/quote]
    Actually Arby, you are making the same mistake there that many people make; that owners who own a property without a mortgage can afford to rent it out for less.

If you put, for example, $350,000 (typical value of a villa) into a bank, would you expect the bank to pay interest on it? Of course you would. In fact, because you are dealing with such an amout you would probably expect way more interest than it you just had a few dollars on deposit. It's no different with property. If you have $350k tied up in property, any sensible (note the use of the word sensisble) person will be expecting something like a 5%+ return on that money. Any smart investor will be expecting a 5%+ return on that money *excluding* the appreciation in price of the property. That's basic business and basic economics.

On the subject of quality. If you seriously believe that a bottom end villa is of the same quality than a bottom end hotel, just bigger, then either a) you've stayed in some god-aweful villas and the owners should be shot if they advertised them as luxury, or b) you haven't stayed in a bottom end hotel.
    Steve

I started this thread as a kind, but constructive feedback thread for owners and it is fast becoming a battle ground!!![msnsad]

Can we please keep it nice and friendly!!!!

hear hear Julie!!![clap]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    There is no battle Julie it is just a discussion
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    There is no battle Julie it is just a discussion
    [/quote]

Its just getting a bit too heated[msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Naw its fine, we all love a bit of a debate[:P]
    CDV

Florida Expert
    That's what forums are for, so that everyone can have their say ( good or not so good)

"contstructive critisism rules"
    Karen

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/209.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/400.aspx