Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many days in each park?

Florida Junior

How many days in each park?

3 weeks to go [clap]

I am in the process of planning the itinary and was wondering how many days are required in each park with girls aged 10, 14 and 15.

We are going for two weeks, in a villa, and have:
    14 days unlimited entry to the Disney parks
    7 days at Universal

Although we havn't bought tickets yet for Sea World We want to go there also.

All advice appreciated.[msnsmile2]

San

Gold 5 Star Member
    We would suggest:-

Magic Kingdom - 2 days
    MGM - 1 to 2 days
    Epcot - 1 day
    Animal Kingdom - 1 day

Universal Studios - 1 to 2 days
    IOA - 1 day
    Sea World - 1 day
    Busch Gardens - 1 day
    Kennedy Space Centre - 1 day

Remember the Water parks too, nice place to cool off after a busy day in the parks.

Plan your days around the shows etc as some do not show every day.

Check their websites for upto date info.
    Because of Halloween, Some parks close early for special events, so unless you are planning on buying these special tickets, you may want to avoid the parks on these days![msneek]

Bring plenty of Sun Block, as it is around 38 degrees here at the minute.

[msnsmile2]

Any more info, just shout
    [msnsmile2]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Chatterbox
    I would agree with all of the above but would allow for 2 days in Epcot as well.

Make use of the fast passes in Disney if the queues are long.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1632.aspx

I would agree with Andrew and Diane.

I don't know about 2 days in Magic Kingdom, normally one is ok for us. Def 2 days for Islands of adventure and Universal, get the 2 day pass for this.

Waterparks are great as day filers if you don't want to do too much and let the kids do their own thing on the rides while you relax.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you have unlimited Disney tickets you could combine the fireworks shows in the evening with other things during the day, so that you don't feel too exhausted from traipsing round the parks all day.

With teenage girls you might want to allow some time for shopping too [msnwink]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think a good rule of thumb is one day, one park. Everyone has different favourite theme parks and prefer two days here, or two days there, etc. If you start with a day in each you know yourself which you like best and which to go back to.

This next tip might sound a bit dumb but do consider it. Spending a full day in a theme park needs a fair old bit of energy, and if you do two or three on consecutive days you can easily end up pretty tired. It might be worth not trying to get to them all and instead having the odd day or two by the pool at the villa.

If you have the tickets that expire you can always spend a day by the pool and then head into a theme park in the evening. You'll still see a fair old bit of it (the theme park), the queues for the rides will be shorter or non-existent and you can catch the firework shows.

Have a great trip.
    Steve

I agree with Steve's advice - especially if you go on the wet rides, it's good to go back to the villa, relax and get changed and freshen up for the evening[msnsmile]
    Dawn Murray

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    As your tickets are valid for 14 days I assume they alow hopping. Spend 1 day in each park and then if you have special rides you want to go back to you could probably do 2 parks in one day. We did this at the End of August, went to Epcot at opening time, did mission space, test track and soarin, then got the monorail over to disney for some of our favourite rides there.
    Also Animalk Kingdom is only open until 5 so you can pop back to Epcot or Magic Kingdom on the day you go there.
    I would make the days to the Parks long ones, so that you can have a couple of rest days inbetween.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    we try to do 1 day on (e.g keep busy 1 day parks,shopping etc) then have 1 day (off) to recover (relax or shop in the evening) 14 days is a little tight but I am sure if you spend some time at a park you can decide if you need to go back or not.

Have a fantastic time

Berni
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is such a personal choice...a difficult question really. If you think you are a family of thrill seeker rides, they often can be the longest queues, therefore the park that has more of these in (and depending on how many times you want to go on the rides) may well be the park you will spend the longest in!!
    A guest of ours recently returned from their first trip to Orlando, and ONLY visited Disney Parks and spent a huge amount of their trip just gathering photographs with characters, to be honest they barely went on any of the rides [msneek]But they still had a great time!! And they had 2 girls with them 11 and 14!!