Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prices for flights

Florida Savvy

prices for flights

hi
    whats the prices roughly for flights in April - May?
    thats for 2 adults and 2 children
    cmale35

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Depends where you are going to and from and if you prefer direct or in-direct?

Florida Savvy
    going to 1 of the villas on this site.Either from manchester or london,we would prefer direct but that doesn't really matter which.We just want to see what prices we're looking for
    cmale35

Gold 5 Star Member
    For late April/May you can pick up flights for under £300 but for the time around Easter (next year Good Friday is the 10th April ), you can expect quotes of around £600-£700 going by current trends. The price usually rises about a week before Easter and will probably drop around Easter Monday or within a day or so of then. That is considered one of the peak times by the airlines. I don't have the Virgin holidays Florida available but going by the USA/Canada brochure, the price is at it's highst between 1st-10th April then drops again significantly. This is often a good indicator of price breaks since Virgin holidays use Virgin Atlantic scheduled fllights so have the information from the airline well in advance for brochure printing etc.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    yes we got rough prices for a family of 4 and it worked out at £2000+ thats why i thought it would be ideal to ask on here for the best prices covering April,May and June.£1300 and less is what we would like.Is it worth getting a flydrive? they seem to be cheap but i know the insurance won't be much good with the car hire
    cmale35

Florida Expert
    Although fly drives may seem a bit cheaper, they make their money off the car insurance (which you must take). Sometimes this can work out quite a bit more expensive than if you were to buy your flights and car hire separately.

Florida Savvy
    thats why 1 of the reasons why i'm trying to see the prices for flights because if we have to pay £2000+ for flights then another £400+ for car hire = very expensive holiday whereas getting a flydrive might work out cheaper with the gold option insurance for car hire
    cmale35

Gold 5 Star Member
    I find the fly drive with gold option is often very competitive, especially if you are like us and get free flights from your local airport to Gatwick included with it
    Ruth

Florida Expert
    Try the flights link on this site. I am going next Easter and was getting quotes of £2000 to £2500 for flights for the 4 of us. They got us a deal at £1250 - we are flying American Airlines via Dallas. They are very helpful.

Angela
    Angela

Florida Savvy
    thanks for that Angela.Keep all the ideas coming
    cmale35