Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Today's Sentinel

Florida Expert

In Today's Sentinel

Read at your own risk. Fightin' words! (It's the third one down)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/featu...4088718.column
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

right thats it!! i can take most thngs but to criticise sandals/socks!!! no tipping for you lot!!!
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:

To the Brit who commented on tipping and employees being underpaid: I've been to the UK more times than I can count. Let's be honest, waiters there are given a livable wage because their service is so bad that nobody will ever tip them! I'd argue the term "livable wage" anyway because your government takes most of it in taxes. And here's a tip for you: Stop wearing white socks with black sandals! You look absolutely ridiculous!

[/quote]
    [laugh][laugh][laugh]

just laugh!![msnwink]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    right thats it!! i can take most thngs but to criticise sandals/socks!!! no tipping for you lot!!!

To the Brit who commented on tipping and employees being underpaid: I've been to the UK more times than I can count. Let's be honest, waiters there are given a livable wage because their service is so bad that nobody will ever tip them! I'd argue the term "livable wage" anyway because your government takes most of it in taxes. And here's a tip for you: Stop wearing white socks with black sandals! You look absolutely ridiculous!

UNQUOTE
    [laugh][laugh][laugh]

just laugh!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

More times than he can count......we have no idea how good he is at counting....he may have been to the UK only once for all we know..[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    &gt;&gt;I've been to the UK more times than I can count.

My first thoughts when I read this was how high can they count? I get the feeling that we are dealing with someone of, shall we say, less than average IQ who maybe struggles to get past 2 or 3.

My second thoughts were the same as my first.

Third two.

Errrrr ... what comes next?

Gotta admit though, they've got a point about the sandals.
    Steve

White socks with Black sandals now theres a trend setter. [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh dear

Florida Expert
    I think he's definately got it wrong. It's usually black socks with brown sandles!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    You all seem to have forgotten the string vests and knotted hankerchief on the head. Barbara

Florida Expert
    socks and sandals ! Well I'll give him that one he does have a good point. Think we should write in to 'ticked off' and tell them we are ticked off at waiters who moan about the minority, if they earn it they get it.
    Mary

Florida Expert
    My god !!! How can an American comment on the way we dress !!! They should take a look at themselves !

Pamela

Gosh yes - what about shorts with Knee high socks. See a few of those in the US[msnwink]
    Jan and Lee