Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: petrol

Florida Junior

petrol

Hi all, we travel out in less than two weks now and the papers are stating that many petrol stations in the southern states are running out of petrol with long queues at those that still have any.

Could anyone tell us if the Orlando area is effected this way?

Florida Expert
    Not really. The avarage price for regular is around $3.00 right now. Word on the street is "it's not going up much more". No lines as far as I've seen.
    Have fun. Rained all afternoon in Seminole County.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Have heard on the news today that some of the refineries hit by Katrina have started up again already, so pressure on prices should eventually start to ease again.

We are out there in just over two weeks too.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Florida Savvy
    we have not finnish the H. season yet and i carn,t see it easing off. It will still climb they all ways do wait to November then we will no. Just hope the pund stays strong.
    dave

I spoke to my guests yesterday they haven't had a problem was a few closed forecourts last week
    but this week its looks back to normal the prices have increased but still great compared to the UK
    Barbara

Florida Savvy
    Sorry spelling mistake (pound instead of pund)
    rushing off to work and not looking forward to the trafic wish i was still in florida [msnsad]
    dave

Florida Junior
    Thanks all, we were just getting slightly worried.
    We plan to go further afield this time and thought we may have to curtail the idea.

Florida Newbie
    We are also off 2 weeks tomorrow, another concern is the possibility of action this side,selfish I know but I hope they dont block the M6!!

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by copshaw
    We are also off 2 weeks tomorrow, another concern is the possibility of action this side,selfish I know but I hope they dont block the M6!!
    [/quote]

I have a feeling that may blow over, given the impact it had last time I expect some kind of talks to avert any action. Which is why I think the road haulage users have announced it now.

Florida Expert
    I really don't think you have to worry now. The first couple days the pipe lines were down because of no electricity. Now it seems the electricity is getting back on the, the pipe lines are pumping oil almost to full capacity.

The lines at the gas stations are no longer. Even prices at the gas stations are down a few cents.

I do not live in Orlando but there was a bit of panic buying last week here in PA but now things seem to have quieted down.

Cheryl