Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Sanford the worst equipped airport?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
    I have been at worse airports than Sanford for being delayed. Corfu being one of them
    [/quote]

Don't get me going on Greek Airports[msnscared]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: I flew into and out of Chicago O'Hare 2 years ago and there is nothing there! Once you go through security it gets worse nothing but a news stand!!!
    [/quote]

The AA terminal at O'Hare is huge and has every possible facility after security.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    We've been through O'Hare a few times and found lots of facilities and had no problems at all. I'm guessing it may depend on which of the many terminals you are using?

I flew into and out of Chicago O'Hare 2 years ago and there is nothing there! Once you go through security it gets worse nothing but a news stand!!![msnmad]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

It was the terminal BA use, they have one burger type place before security which was packed but nothing after security, my husband is flying there on Sat so I will get him to check it out again[msnwink]
    [/quote]

I must say I have found O'Hare to have the best food facilities of any US airport I have used. It even has a branch of Wolfgang Puck.

BTW Julie - it has THREE Starbucks but not unfortunately none in the BA Terminal (5).

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Aha - we were in the main AA terminal which had all sorts of facilities. We did use the terminal that BA use once but we literally ran from the AA terminal to the BA one and straight onto the plane so did not get chance to stop and check it out.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    We've been through O'Hare a few times and found lots of facilities and had no problems at all. I'm guessing it may depend on which of the many terminals you are using?

I flew into and out of Chicago O'Hare 2 years ago and there is nothing there! Once you go through security it gets worse nothing but a news stand!!![msnmad]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

It was the terminal BA use, they have one burger type place before security which was packed but nothing after security, my husband is flying there on Sat so I will get him to check it out again[msnwink]
    [/quote]

John/Katys Grandad, That explains it I will have to go AA next time - three Starbucks, I would be in heaven!![msnwink] Chicago itself has one on most corners - bliss[msnwink]

Florida Newbie
    I've only been to Sanford twice on both my trips to the USA so i cant really say much about it.I cant really see the fuss over which airport is better.They all do the same job and they get you from A to B.If the security is good and your flight is on time then what else do you want ?

Its not like the holiday is ruind if the airport has lots of people waiting for imigration.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Benny
    I've only been to Sanford twice on both my trips to the USA so i cant really say much about it.I cant really see the fuss over which airport is better.They all do the same job and they get you from A to B.If the security is good and your flight is on time then what else do you want ?

Its not like the holiday is ruind if the airport has lots of people waiting for imigration.
    [/quote]

With respect I think you have missed the point, if you are waiting for a flight or your flight has been delayed there is nothing worse than being in a hot sweaty airport that has no facilities such as seating and decent places to eat and drink[msnwink]

Many of us are seasoned travellers to many different airports and believe me they are not all the same[msnscared]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Benny

[/quote]

I agree that if the security is good and the flight takes off on time it might not make much difference where you take off from. However, when problems do arise (and all too often they do) I prefer to be somewhere there is more than an uncomfortable departure lounge seat to spend the waiting hours.

A few years ago I had the misfortune to spend 5 hours delayed at Sanford. They were some of the most uncomforatble hours I have spent and haven't used it since.

Gold 5 Star Member
    All that natter about the BA terminal at O'Hare brings back some very nice memories. One of the best chicken curries I've ever tasted is in the BA lounge at O'Hare terminal 5. It's divine.
    Steve

Florida Expert
    Sanford has improved vastly in the eight years or so we have been travelling to Orlando. The facilities there now (believe it or not!) are 200% better than they were then.

If you are comparing airports generally and include UK ones then consider Teeside International (now Durham Tees Valley Airport). Eighteen months ago we started our Florida journey there, travelling via Amsterdam on a 6am flight. We were advised by the tour operator to be there 2 hours before flight time. We arrived at 4am and the airport was virtually closed ! Nobody else there except a young couple with a guitar (At least we got entertainment). No staff - no place to get a cuppa - the magazine stall was locked up. Enquiry desks and check in desks were all unmanned. We sat for an hour on hard lumpy seats for an hour until at 5 am , one or two staff eventually arrived. Most of the passengers for our flight arrived at 5.15 (they must be used to the lack of service). [msnscared]

Yes , I'll take Sanford any day. [msnwink]
    Kevin