Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Snowing in Aberdeen

Florida Junior

Snowing in Aberdeen

Tuesday 13th May 14:30
    Sitting in the office with a short sleeved shirt on (with fading/peeling tan) and and there has just been a shower of snow in Aberdeen! [:0]
    Ten days ago I was in the Everglades with temperatures in the high 80s - what's that all about then?

Depressed in Aberdeen

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ooeer! Three days ago we were in Florida in 90+F so it doesn't seem credible to have snow at this time of year in the UK, even if it is in Aberdeen!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    half an hour ago we had hail stones here in Kent.... must be all this global warming they keep going on about, I want to know when I'm geting my share.
    Babblin Boo

If its any consolation, it's nice and sunny on the banks of the river Mersey.....although its a bit windy !!
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

Florida Junior
    Yesterday the BBC weather website 5 day forecast was saying that it would be quite nice by the end of the week - however on this mornings TV weather they were talking about a big area of low pressure off to the west coming in and making it very wet from about tomorrow night onwards!

The storm we experienced in Key West was blamed on the "El Nino" effect by the Weather Channel so it looks like the whole worlds weather is all to pot BTW we had hailstones Sunday and yesterday but to see snow flakes being blown horizontally past your window in the middle of May is pretty unusual (even for Aberdeen!)

Oh well we can definitely use the four seasons in one day quote today as it is now bright sunshine but still blowing a hooley!

Florida Expert
    Where about are you in Aberdeen? I'm in BOD and although there has been rain on and off no sign of snow here.

Snow showers in surrey too, We have had the lot today.
    Snow,hail,driving rain,thunder and clear blue sunny skies, They have
    even forecast a frost for tonight. Very strange.

Florida Junior
    Arlene

I am at Hill of Rubislaw beside the quarry and I had to phone my fiance at Altens to confirm what I was seeing!
    Seemed to be moving southernly from the wind direction si it could well have missed BOD!

Went on for about 5minutes and I see Radio Scotland are actually forecasting snow for the hills today (Wed)!

Never has the old Scottish phrase "if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes" been more apt.....

Later
    Les

According to the BBC, there's a widespread frost forcast for tonight.

Cant see that being a result of any global warming !!!
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones