Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Villas

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Katie,

Is this your first visit to Florida or just your first visit to a private villa, if so we think you will be pleasantly surprised when we first arrived at our rental villa, it was so big and luxurious. Our son said he was having a double bedroom and we asked what he thought he was playing at as that was obviously our room, he then asked what about the other double room and when we saw it WOW, very impressive. In fact so impressed that we decided to buy our own. Have a brilliant holiday and we are sure with this forums help you will find the perfect villa.

Regards

Sandra and Victor

http://onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2251.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Friz it is overwhelming....I've been faced with the same dilema, as so many villas and so many GORGEOUS properties (have to say the villas and their owners, are just delightful here).

Anyway I would say look up the communities and the map, and see what grabs you. Do you want to be near restaurants/shops, do you want facilities on your community (eg clubhouse, activites for kids) or are you happy to stay within your villa and relax, after days out? Be guided by the community and your family needs, and then enjoy looking at the houses in that area. If you are after a specific style of villa then be guided by a villa.

Of course saying all this, we are still deciding...its a s-l-o-w process!
    Theresa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I really do not think you will go wrong with any property you might select from the websites at the top of this page
    All the villas are verified regularly, many owners play an active part in this forum, sharing advice, experiences as well as the tips they share with the forums. Try not to be daunted by the choice available, rather delighted at the quality & choice available to you, happy shopping [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    Hi Friz
    Have a great time choosing from the fabulous homes available on this site.
    Not only will your villa be one of the best in the US, but more importantly, you will be renting from people who really care about their homes and the people who are renting from them.
    I don't think you can beat personal service and that's what you will get from owners like ourselves on this forum. Just look at all the ways in which owners here are looking to make their villa better and better and better by getting advice and support from other members.
    A Florida villa holiday is the best you'll ever take and we are all here to help. Just ask!
    Jo-Anne

Hi Friz

I remember when i first booked a villa via the internet and was very overwhelmed.

We only recently purchased our one last Novemeber and have stayed at probably 8 different villas over the last 6 or so years and have to say using one of the three sites connected with this forum we have never been even remotly dissapointed. The only time we were slightly dissapointed was when we booked one through Virgin. Not because the house wasn't nice but we didn't know where we would be until we arrived which for me part of the Florida holiday is the planning and looking at the pictures of where you will be staying.

Study the different ones available and i would try and get one south facing with a pool and preferably a spa. Also i always find that i don't like being overlooked at the back as when you are using the pool i like some privacy, this is why i like a lakeside plot or conservation area, but that is personal taste.

Any of the villas on the linked websites will only be a short drive from the theme parks, shops and restaurants.

Happy hunting and try and make the searching part an exciting part of your holiday.

Most importantly have fun.

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1922.aspx

Thanks everyone for the advice - it has been really useful.

I have rented private villas before but only in Europe - the quality of villas in Florida looks much better for the same price!

I am hoping to book very soon and am already looking forward to it.

Thanks again

Hiya
    You will certainly get a fabulous villa in Florida.
    Lynne

Florida Newbie
    With regard to renting a villa, it can be daunting to say the least. We once spent two weeks seeking, comparing and finally booking one to find we booked the wrong one. It ended up being fine but with the choice you have, you need to set your priorities of what is important to YOU!

Some villas provide multiple master bedrooms (king, queen or double beds) Decide what you would enjoy most.

Some villas provide free baby equipment - some rent it out

Some villas have extended pool decks with pool fences, while others have standard pool decks, and older villas may have door alarms in place of pool safety fences.

Some include tax while others exclude it. Check on the price of pool or spa heating too!

Check how long it takes to drive to Disney, although most will be within a 15 minute drive.

If children are involved, see what child friendly amenities they provide such as a PS2, books, pool table, and community facilities.

Once you know what you want, it'll be easy to book the right villa.
    Good Luck!
    Olga

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Not quite true - some owners choose to have door alarms as an extra precaution against children wandering into the pool area un-upervised. It also stops guests leaving doors open and thus air-conditioning Florida, which costs owners a fortune in wasted electricity.

Having door alarms is by no means an indication of an "older villa".

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by J & O
    older villas may have door alarms in place of pool safety fences.

[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Not quite true - some owners choose to have door alarms as an extra precaution against children wandering into the pool area un-upervised. It also stops guests leaving doors open and thus air-conditioning Florida, which costs owners a fortune in wasted electricity.

Having door alarms is by no means an indication of an "older villa".

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by J & O
    older villas may have door alarms in place of pool safety fences.

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Both my homes have pool alarms neither are more than 3 years old
    I personally wouldn't dream of renting to young families without pool alarms what ever age my villas were
    Barbara