Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Simon Veness Itinerary Planner - Is it worthwhile?

Florida Junior

Simon Veness Itinerary Planner - Is it worthwhile?

I bought the Brit's guide to Orlando by Simon Veness and with it you can purchase a personalised itinerary planner.

I was wondering if it is worthwhile buying for a first timer.

Any advice appreciated.

San

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not sure I would follow someone elses itinery to be honest, if you have time on your hands before your trip, I would read through the various forums on here and build up your own personalised itinery

San,
    I would sit down with whomever your traveling with and just do your own! Find out what peoples must dos are and plan around them, don't try the "we will do it when we get there!" as you will loose valuable days shopping or at the parks[msnwink]
    Do allow some rest days or mornigs as it can get quite tiring doing all the parks, but most of all have fun!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's bad enough trying to follow an itinerary you've created for yourself much less someone elses, there will be days when the weather is too hot, too wet, people just don't feel like doing things etc so you'll soon be ditching it for flexibility in my opinion.

If you get some post it notes, you can juggle the days so that everyone gets to do what they really want to interspersed with rest days. We made the mistake when we first went of trying to do it all in 2 weeks and came back exhausted, so try and be selective which isn't easy when you go first but hopefully will be a better holiday experience.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    We too had this guide and planned our itinery around its busy/moderate/light days section near the back of book. Can say that we were very happy with the selection of our itinery making sure that we only went to a particular park on a light day.

We chose to purchase their guide planner just to see what they had to say and found it of no use what so ever. They had us going to at least 3 parks on their busiest days, including Busch Gardens at a weekend??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however I do say that the book itself was very very good and informative

All that it needed was a chapter at the end to cope with depression after coming home!!![msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

We have this book at the villa as part of our Guest Library.

I'm not sure I would stick to someone elses itinerary, as each group of guests is different and has different interests, but it's certainly a brilliant book for dipping in and out of to help plan your own days out.
    Chris & Peter

Florida Expert
    Do your own, its great fun planning it, ask on here for tips then do it Get loads of advice, we had some friends come over when we were there for the first time and we went and met up with them gave them loads of tips and they saved loads of money!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    You will have great fun planning your own. Before we had our villa we used to go to all the parks during our time there so you will need to plan what you're doing on what days, also make sure you plan a few <span style="color:red">rest days</span id="red"> if only to relax around the pool. You will need them.[msnsmile2]

Paula
    Paula

Florida Chatterbox
    For our first trip I used the book as reference eg on the best days to visit the parks, and made my own planner up, it's easy enough and if I remember rightly there is even a blank section in the back of the book to do just this. I really enjoyed putting our planner together.

As everyone will tell you, make sure you don't do too many park days on the trot, pop in plenty of rest days and try to be flexible when you are away.

Enjoy all the preparation [8D]

Yep well worth buying, we have the 2003 addition and we still use it now to gain information and try to stay ahead of the rest.
    A plan for while you are there is always a good idea even if you don't stick to it. We have always planned our days putting the parks we want to visit down as we don't want the headache of sitting down for Breakfast and saying right where shall we go today. By the time you have all agreed half the day has probably gone.

Yep big thumbs up from me for Planning your days [clap]