Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Garage or Games Room?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garage

71 30.08%
  • Games Room

165 69.92%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Garage or Games Room?

we have a fuzzball table in the house [and PS2 and Pc etc] and an indoor/outdoor Table tennis table which is stored in the garage, but can be taken onto the pool deck etc if required. Our garage is used because it is a remote entry one - great if you get a sudden downpour so I like to offer the best of both- I think the biggest [most welcome improvement] was our upgrade to luxury cable -as it has all the main US channels, but also Sky sports news and fox soccer channel - my teenage son loves it!

Florida Chatterbox
    we voted games room as we have many children and spend quite a few days relaxing at the villa, we hardly see the kids between the pool, ps2 and foosball etc, hence we get more relaxing done too [msncool]

Florida Newbie
    We definitely opt for a villa with a games room. Like TrishT we spend days at the villa chilling out and this just gives us all (parents and 19, 18 & 8 siblings) something to alternate between the pool and PS games. Makes that villa a bit more special than they already are

Jo

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    My kids prefer a games room
    Tracy

Games room for me
    carol

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Howdo you keep a games room cool in the hot weather, there is no air con in th garage?
    Lyn

Some owners do have A/C in the garage, I'm guessing others will have fans.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Savvy
    We have stayed at villas that had a garage and the ones that had it converted to a game room. I can now appreciate the garage idea more since we would park our car there and it would stay much cooler than on the driveway. The novelty of the game room quickly wore off with our kids and ourselves because of the heat.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Did consider a games room, but even with two children who are now 15 and 11 and would possibly use it. I like the outside life when we are in Florida.

Don't have a swimming pool at home and have a great view in Florida from the pool, so why anyone would want to spend hours in a sauna playing games is a mystery[msneek], but each to their own.

The garages I have been in in Florida are far too hot, even ours which is North facing garage. I know on a persoanl note I wouldn't use it, but for guests probably a USP, but not one I have decided to follow.

I have probably 'lost' an unknown number of guests who for them it is a 'want', but hey, there are plenty of guests who also like to use the garage for cars, as I do.

As posted earlier, it also came in handy for Hurricane Charlie, but we don't want to go there again do we?

Good poll and worthwhile consideration for attracting more guests if you are maybe short of USP's for me I prefer to be outside enjoying the weather, not in a steamy garage.
    Graham

Graham, it is interesting to see how many comments are actually from villa owners on the benefits of games rooms - but having changed their garages into games 'rooms' they are hardly likely to say they are not good, I suppose! [msnwink] A surprising nimber of guests don't think they are important, so that is also interesting.

As you say, there are plenty of guests who don't want to spend time in a games 'room' (can a garage be called a room or is it more of an area?) so it is good to hear that you have many satisfied customers too. Each to their own.

The wonderful thing about choosing a house in Orlando is that there is something for everyone. If you want a games 'room' you can find it, and I have certainly seen some lovely games rooms - particularly those which are actually part of the house not a converted garage, but if you are not bothered then you have that option too.

ellie