Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Garage or Games Room?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garage

71 30.08%
  • Games Room

165 69.92%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage or Games Room?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Interestingly we never use our garage at home - but always use it in Florida. Even though our drive is north facing the car is unbearably hot if not put in the garage.
    Carole

Gold 5 Star Member
    My 2 cents........if your family wants a games room...put one in.......if they don't.......leave it....If I were renting my place I would not put one in the garage ...because I'd not use it.......maybe I would if my kids were younger...!....a half and half garage seems the best of both worlds......and you can buy a car curtain to protect the cars of Americans who drive to FL in their own car... from damage while in the garage if their kids play pool before the parents get up and put a nice big scratch along the side.........its not cheap at $349.00 but in the days of suing everyone for every little thing.....it could save a payout on your Ins.......

Improvements.com

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just another thought - we were out in Florida during hurricane Jeanne. We were glad to have the garage for the car as it saved it from potential damage.
    Hopefully we won't have too many hurricanes - but it may be a consideration if you are wavering.
    Carole

I am a little suprised on the figures above.

I would have thought most renters would want this facility, instead of an empty garage.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am not a bit surprised at the poll at all. Like everything in life different people want different things, thats why people pick the different villas, like Crizzy says, we would not use or want one, so we haven't got one. Our guests last year that were there during " Charlie " said they were glad to have had the garage too. I can't think of anything I would least want to do while in a beautiful sunny place like Florida than spend any time in a hot garage with the dustbin !
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have converted the garage into a games area. We can still move the table to one side and get the patio furniture in as well as a car it need arises. We were there in May and it was 90+ through the day and mid 70's at night and we could still use the garage as we have fans installed. Our kids spent ages in there but it goes down to personal preferances
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Expert
    We have made a Games Room as we have 4 boys who NEED(?!) this. We have just spent August there - ours gets warm during the day but not too hot as it faces North, and it's fine on a night when it's really needed. Ours was used a lot by our boys so I feel it was money well spent.

Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

i must add my bit again, if i had my kids a lot younger for a holiday in florida i am sure a games room would have been great for them, i'm sure if your looking at a younger family with 8,9,10's and upwards a games room would be cool, also for a group of young teenagers its a cool place to "hang out" away from mum and dad all the time!
    wouldnt use a garage anyway, to much hassle to be doing with[msnwink]
    Liesa

We had repeat guests who relived their teens and spent every evening playing table tennis![msnwink]no need for kids there!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jean - the dustbin is outide for a lot of owners. We built a bin store round the side of the villa

We all spend quite a lot of time in our games area because we don't do many parks and have 3 teenagers. A lot of our US guests vacation to chill also and not necessarily spend much time in the parks so find that if their children are happy and relaxed then they are. By simply moving a couple of the games a car will fit in also so having the best of both worlds IMHO of course

As they say "each to his own" and thankfully there is a market for both garage and games room