Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding License

Florida Expert

Wedding License

For all those who have got married in Florida, how did you get your License? If you got it by mail, who did you get to sign and seal it over here?
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Florida Junior
    We got it by mail. We organised it with a link from this site http://www.orlandoweddinglocations.com/

It did work out a LOT more expensive than getting it once we were there, but because of the situation at the time it ewas easier for us.

The document was Fed-Exed to us. I searched the Yellow Pages for a local Solicitors with Notary. It was signed and stamped with the Solicitors stamp and Fed-Exed back. Solicitors charged us £5, which I didn't mind, at least I knew it was sorted. We had to take our passports and I think declare that we were both free to marry or something like that.

HTH

Florida Chatterbox
    We got our wedding license at City Hall in Downtown Orlando.

it took about 30 mins, we paid for it in travellers cheques - think it was $90. It was really easy, you fill out a form (date of birth, full names, declare you are free to marry) and read a marriage guidance leaflet (how american!) then they sign your form and print your licence.

You can even get married then and there for an extra $30!!!!

It was really quick and easy.

[clap][clap][clap][clap]
    Caz

Florida Expert
    The licence also entitles you to be married anywhere in Florida irrespective of which City Hall in Florida you get it from.

Mike and Kath

We also got our wedding licence over there. Our tour operator wedding organisor arranged for a taxi to take us to the office and back. It was really quick and easy. That's why they recommend you plan your wedding at least three days after you arrive to make sure you've got time to get your licence.

My sister also got married in Florida and they got their licence from Kissimmee which was really close to the villa, so very easy and they were only there for a few minutes.

Much easier than having it posted to you.

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Friends of ours are going on holiday to Kissimmee November 2006 & are thinking about getting married whilst there, could anyone tell me if it is possible to arrange the whole thing yourself and also trhey have booked the holiday with the holiday hypermarket staying in a villa in Kissimmee would they need to get permission to get married in the villa they will be staying or even if she could[?][?]
    Dave & Dawn

Florida Expert
    We arranged everything ourselves.

We got our license from the Osceola Courthouse in Kissimmee http://www.osceolaclerk.com/
    It was very quick and easy - If you are not staying near Kissimmee I have a list of other offices in Florida [msnsmile2]
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Florida Savvy
    We went to the court house in kissimmee filled and sign documents.
    made arrangements to get married two dayes later paid around 100 dollers and that was it.[msnsmile2]
    dave

Florida Savvy
    Daniel
    If you have not booked your wedding yet in kissimmee there a chappel near the court house and the preacher is called Sharron Brenner She is brillent things you tell her about yourself and your partner in a short time She put things together and the result is like she as none you for years.
    dave

Florida Expert
    Dave,
    We are getting married at the resort we are staying at, Regal Palms at Highlands Reserve. We are doing everything ourselves with a little help from Marija at Regal Palms who seems very helpful. Apparently we will be their first wedding there and they are going out of their way to make it special even though it is on Valentines Day and they have their own Celebrations to sort out. I have booked Rev. Tim Herring who does a lot of the Disney weddings to Officiate as he comes highly recommended. We are going to send for our License by mail, it does cost more but it means we will have more time when we are there to sort out other little bits and not have to worry about going to the courthouse.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey