Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede

Gold 5 Star Member

Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede

Dolly Partons Dixiie Stampede now opens June 19th.
    Menu for the four-course feast!

* A Tender Whole Rotisserie Chicken
    * Hickory Smoked Barbecued Pork Loin
    * Dixie Stampede's Original Creamy Vegetable Soup
    * Delicious Homemade Biscuit
    * Hot Buttered Corn on the Cob
    * Herb-based Potato
    * Dixie's very own Specialty Dessert
    Unlimited tea, coffee and pepsi. Veggie meals available on request. Children under three free if eating off an adults place.

The show involves live animals including horses and buffalo., dramatic
    lightiing , sounds and pyrotechnics as well as the more obvious country and western music and dancing Adults $44 plus tax. Kids 4-11 $29 plus tax
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Went to the Xmas show tonight. I would rate it good but not fantastic. It is a rather inconrgous mix of horsemanship and holiday schmaltz, including a live nativity scene with wise men on camels, shepherds with real sheep, goats and donkeys and a silver clad angel suspended from the ceiling on wires!! There were a number of set Christmassy pieces including Santa on his sleigh, ice skating in the snow and a rather unfunny clowm with reindeer antlers on his head. It didnt really fit in well with the North versus South theme though so it was a bit "bitty". No buffalo though we did get racing pigs, chickens and ostriches and lots of horses!! Best part was a really good half hour pre show with a comedy juggler who was excellent. Food was typical dinner show fare to be eaten with the fingers and drinks were served in jam jars. Free tea, coffee and pepsi, additional drinks $4 zerved in a souvenir boot ( but note it is "dry".)
    Julie

I agree, this is great for family holiday atmosphere, but I wouldn't go again! I was there xmas eve, and I found the whole thing a little cheesy! The ice'skating was fab though! If I heard the compere sing 'holly jolly xmas' one more time I thought I was going to scream!
    Tink

Gold 5 Star Member
    Cheesey is the word I was trying to think of, Tink!!!! And the bad news is......... they have retained the Xmas show until the third week of January. Now what is worse than a cheesy Christmas show at Christmas? I know. a cheesy Christmas show half way through January!!
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went to Dixie Stampede when out there in June. We only seen 20 minutes of the show. My daughter who is three coughed from the moment we arrived. She doesn't suffer with asthma but we had to leave as she was sweating and distressed.

I don't think it's advisable to take little ones here or anyone who suffers with chest or breathing problems. When we were outside a helpful security guard came to see if everything was ok he asked if we'd seen the warning signs inside, which we hadn't, he also said people are taken away in ambulances on a daily basis.

Paula
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Perhaps there should be an allergies warning - I will put that info on my site.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Might have to think again about this one then as my son suffers with hay fever and slight allergies, wouldn't want to have him suffering.
    Sarah