Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Winn Dixie Closing Down

Florida Savvy

Winn Dixie Closing Down

We're due in Florida in a month, a friend of mine who returned from there recently told me that Winn Dixie is closing down and there's 50-70% off everything including booze and other things.

Florida Expert
    What - all the Winn Dixies or one in a particular area ? Wish I was there to grab a few bargains.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    There has been a lot about this in the Florida media and certainly the chain are in deep financial trouble. However as of last week they were closing quite a few stores - but not all. My local one was operating normally with nothing about it closing down.

This quote from a paper:

"JACKSONVILLE, FL-The grocer is exiting the Carolinas, Tennessee and Virginia and will be left with 587 stores. As a result of this restructuring, Winn-Dixie will reduce its workforce by 28%, or 22,000 employees. "

The Winn Dixie on the 192/Formosa Gardens area is business as usual at the moment[msnsmile]
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    Pity about that ,it is the most expensive one . The one on the 27 is much better value, and it had a very helpful staff as well.
    Olive

Does anyone know if the Winn Dixie on the 27 is remaining. Do not want to lose this one as it is within walking distance.
    Jill and Brian