Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Petrol Prices

Gold 5 Star Member

Current Petrol Prices

For those who haven’t been to Florida recently the recent increases in the price of petrol might come as a bit of a surprise.

The cheapest I saw(last Wednesday) was $2.58 and the most expensive $2.95. In the 3 weeks I was there prices increased at my local gas station by 32 cents. It doesn’t seem that long ago when there was a fuss over gas hitting the $1 per gallon mark

Now I appreciate by UK standards 38p – 44p a litre is cheap. However drive a big SUV, with auto gearbox and Aircon always running, and you are probably paying as much for per mile for fuel as a motorist in UK with a small family car.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have just arrived home today and we noticed the price of 'gas' had increased and was increasing daily, when we arrived we paid $2.39 in St. Pete Beach, when we left Sandford yesterday we paid $2.59

Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not very long ago the price of petrol combined with the exchange rate meant that you didn't need to think about the cost of driving over there. Not sure we can say that any longer.

Gold 5 Star Member
    A friend where I live has a Hummer H2(i.e. not the biggest) and it has a 32 gallon tank - which would cost over $80 to fill - and he says he gets about 10mpg.

Ghastly looking thing - still I suppose the 4WD low differential is essential for the mountains in Florida!

Arnie has 3 of these for his whole ontarage! Must rack up a hell of a fuel bill.[:O]
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Junior
    We've just come back last Sunday and I must say that at first i couldnt believe the price of petrol. That is until I had filled up the vehicle a few times. The difference in the States is that everything is so far apart. You seem to get through so much gas especially given the large engines/vehicles. I can't imagine doing anything there without jumping in the car....the mall carparks are even too big to walk across.
    Imagine what it would be like with a little Smart car though. It would be so cheap to travel over there!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    A friend where I live has a Hummer H2(i.e. not the biggest) and it has a 32 gallon tank - which would cost over $80 to fill - and he says he gets about 10mpg.

Ghastly looking thing - still I suppose the 4WD low differential is essential for the mountains in Florida!
    [/quote]

LOL
    Chris & Peter

Could you see any American buying a smart car!
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Just arrived back back from Florida Sunday morning, and have to say that fuel prices do seem to have increased. We had a Chrysler Grand Voyager 7 seater which cost approx $50 to fill up from empty. Still far better than the UK fuel prices. The average price we paid was around the $2.59 mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
    Could you see any American buying a smart car!
    [/quote]

Not for many many years to come.[msnoo][msnsmile2]

While in San Fransisco a few days ago we were amazed by some American ladies reponses to a Mini Cooper![msnsmile2]
    Sarah