Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [?]Off topic

We have a Joshua which is so easy to find now, even though it was unusual when we choose it. But Darrel, forget it. Nothing to be found spelt that wayBut saying that, I'm glad we spelt it a bit different as it's a bit more unique.
    Kerry

Florida Expert
    I haven't yet managed to find Karl with the K or Jacqui spelt my way.

Aren't we an awkward lots of devils[}]

Jacqui
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/73.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We can never fidn anything with Josie on for our eldest Katie on the other hand gets alsorts of named things and thinks it's Great!

Jen
    Short for Jeanette and I can never find anything either!
    http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/356.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Coincidentally our local council newsletter arrived today and it includes the top names in Medway for the last year. It looks like we're pretty much in line with the National list except for a couple of differences.
    Boys
    1. Jack
    2. Joshua
    3.Thomas
    4. Harry
    5. George
    6. James
    7. Benjamin
    8. Callum
    9. Luke
    10. Oliver

Girls
    1. Chloe
    2. Emily
    3. Megan
    4. Sophie
    5. Ellie
    6. Jessica
    7. Charlotte
    8. Lauren
    9. Katie
    10. Lucy

According to the Daily Mirror, Jack has been no 1 nationally for 8 years and Chloe for 6 you'd think there'd be some originality wouldn't you?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    We are beginning to think about this for our October arrival but we have the added problem of dozens of nephews and neices and all our close friends have already had children so we are really going to have to be creative to avoid any clashes.....

Looks like we may have to go down the track of obscure Scottish names/spellings
    Will be fun
    Cheers
    Les

Well good luck Les. Pippa was going to be Fionnuala but Chris thought that was a bit unfair to land the girl with spelling like that! I like Isobel myself, and of course she much prefers that to Pippa! For boys they were either Callum or James so that was easy!

Do keep us informed!!!
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well it's quite convenient having a unisex name as you do, because you can follow tradition and name your first born after yourself......you must admit K4LGB II does have a certain ring to it.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    Funny you should suggest that Steph as currently the bump is affectionately known as Les Junior.
    Don't know if calling them Leslie is a good idea as I still get thing sent to me addressed as Miss/Ms/Mrs and I know a female called Lesley who gets mail with Mr so I don't think you can win either way!
    My family has a sequence of Alexanders which is currently vacant in my generation but one of my friends had a boy last year and called him Zander so I suppose I could still get away with it if I decide to.
    My newphews are called Craig, Glenn, Ryan, Michael, Andrew, Joshua and Lewis. My neices are Nicola, Hayley (after the comet) and Sarah.
    If I go into close friends childrens names I could be here all day....

I'm sure we will find something suitable even though my current top choices of Zinzan (after my rugby hero), Zak or Zoe are not going down too well with Babette!

Speak Later
    Les

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our daughters name came about in a similar way Les, my husband kept saying , when asked for suggestions, "I don't mind what it's called as long as it's Mick Jr", I half joking said "well if it's a girl we could call her Michelle Joanne and then we could call her Mickey-Jo for short , is that close enough, and we both decided we like the names. It was only recently she pointed out that my brother and brother in law are both Michael John so she has the feminine form of both.
    My sister Les has been known to get her own back, when I was at college and she was working in Scotland she used to phone me and I commented on how I got lots of phone calls but never any post to look forward to, so she decided to write to me. When I asked her if she'd had a bad day at work she asked how I knew and I told her she'd started her letter to me with "Dear Sir or Madam" , I mean, we only shared a bedroom for 18 years you'd think she would know wouldn't you.
    Babblin Boo

You just never know where you're going to find help on this forum.

We're expecting our first baby in September (hence the lack of Florida trip this year ). and all of these lists of names are very useful.

Of course with Orlando being a derivation of Roland, should we ?
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones