Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: more info for christmas please

Florida Newbie

more info for christmas please

hi and thanks to everyone who replied to my previous post i now know what to pack! i have already booked dolphin swim for christmas day and mickeys party for 20th dec. it appears that it will be really busy in parks between xmas and new year do all the disney parks get packed to capacity or is it mainly mk. how about universal, sea world and busch garden? i was planning to get ticket combinations so that we could go everywhere during the whole 21 days but there doesnt seem a lot of point getting tickets if we're unlikely to get into the parks for a whole week or is this a case of it sounding worse than it actually is. we do want to see more of florida that just the parks so maybe we should do that from 26/12 to 1/1?

any help would be great feeling concerned did not expect to read that parks would be closed by 10am as full!!![msnsad]

Last year we went to Busch Gardens on december 28th and it was heaving; usually I think its one of the parks that is easy to get round even when busy but I would avoid it betweeen xmas and new year in the future.
    There are are a few old threads on Xmas so if you haven't already try checking these out for other things to do.
    Personally I would not try to pack every thing in even in 3 weeks; get the Disney tickets that never expire so if you don't manage it then the moneys not wasted even if you don't go back for a few years.
    andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    My sister in law went last Christmas and it was very busy. Queues were 1 hour or so for the big rides and the weather didnt help as it rained a fair bit.
    We are there this Christmas and hope to do the main parks before the kids break up.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    People do tend to say that MK is very busy on Christmas Day, and once they stopped people entering at about 11.00am. but we tend to go to Epcot or MGM, and have found them busy but not overpacked. We have heard that Universal is quieter on Christmas Day.

Last year we spent a couple of hours at Gaylord Palms ICE and then did the buffet dinner, and found that very enjoyable, as we already did the parks christmas day before and wanted something different.
    CERI

Florida Savvy
    I took my children to Magic Kingdom at Christmas time and it was heaving - we got there at about 9am and it was so magical and beautiful for them.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We would avoid the parks on Christmas Day, having done MK and found it to be uncomfortably full. There are lots of other things to do though, a trip to Celebration on Xmas day would be fantastic. Whatever you decide to do I am sure you will have a great time, sounds as though you are planning a real holiday to remember.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    I also have a couple of further Festive period questions.

Having checked flight prices for this year (we plan to go next year but obviously prices etc aren't yet released) we have discovered that we can save £900 by travelling on Boxing Day as opposed to either 22nd,23rd or 24th of December.

Obviously this means we get to spend Christmas Day at home and also enjoy the Disney experience.

My main question relates to the Christmas Style Parades, do the Christmas Parades cease on Christmas Day or are the parades in the week between Christmas and New Year still on the Christmas theme?

I know that the in between week is very busy, but am i correct in thinking that after New Years day is out of the way the parks quieten down dramatically as most US visitors come to Florida specifically for the Christmas week on short breaks and go home pretty much as soon as the New Year has been seen in?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dotb
    hi and thanks to everyone who replied to my previous post i now know what to pack! i have already booked dolphin swim for christmas day and mickeys party for 20th dec. it appears that it will be really busy in parks between xmas and new year do all the disney parks get packed to capacity or is it mainly mk. how about universal, sea world and busch garden? i was planning to get ticket combinations so that we could go everywhere during the whole 21 days but there doesnt seem a lot of point getting tickets if we're unlikely to get into the parks for a whole week or is this a case of it sounding worse than it actually is. we do want to see more of florida that just the parks so maybe we should do that from 26/12 to 1/1?

any help would be great feeling concerned did not expect to read that parks would be closed by 10am as full!!![msnsad]
    [/quote]

IOA...is always quiet at Christmas......