Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Choosing Your Accommodation

Choosing Your Accommodation

Hi All,

As a villa owner, I'd like to ask guests what features attract you to some villas rather than others, and what puts you off choosing a particular villa.

Is it all down to first impressions, do you choose the location first, or is it down to the individual facilities that a villa has to offer.

Thanks
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    There was a huge thread on this subject before, let me see if I can find it, be back in a bit................
    CDV

in my case, it was after our last trip to florida, we went to visit Lynne (jadehouse) at her brand new villa on Terra Verde, fell in love with the gorgeous resort and we all said it was where we want to go for our next holiday!! the sun shone down on this place making it look so bright and clean it was so lovely, also the facilities helped as its a resort and has a club room, games room,play area for the kids, communal pool so the kids have a hance at meeting other kids, sauna and spa, i could go on!
    cant wait only 49 days to go!!! then we can try this lovely resort for ourselves, shame Lynne wont be there at the same time this year!
    never mind cant have it all!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    For us it was location first, we had stayed on the 192 the 1st time we went and liked it so much, from then on we always book on or around the 192.
    the next thing to think about for us is the size of the pool the bigger the better.
    Then things like games room,and decor. Although we always stay in the same location we do try to choose a different villa just to add to the excitement.
    kym

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well I must admit to liking a south facing pool. I know this has been discussed many times before and doesn't bother lots of people but as much of our time is spent at the villa it is quite important to us.

Obviously we think about location, but as we don't tend to do the parks much being close to Disney isn't a high priority for us. As long as there are shops and restaurants within a resonable distance I'm happy [8D]

Found it so difficult to chose just one villa from all the great ones available here...........
    Julie

Florida Savvy
    I think for us it used to be not only what the villa had to offer, but moreover what facilities on the resort there was. I think if you plan to spend a fair amount of time there and have children with you it's important to have more than just a swimming pool. Kids can swim for hours and love it but then they get bored. They want to mix with other kids and do other things, so places with tennis courts, cinemas and clubhouses were very important to our kids. I really don't think kids care that much about having a private swimming pool. I know my kids spent more time at community pools with other kids playing than they did in the one we had with the villa. So I'd have to say amenities.

What puts you off? I'd have to say not much really puts you off because most if not all of these homes are so nice and have something so individual to offer it's paradise to someone if not you. But some just have that extra spark. I have to admit I'm not a fan of some townhomes (I won't name the resort it wouldn't be nice) but where the small pools literally back up to each other and there's no space to the left right or back.

Places where people have put in playstations/xboxes or pool tables or extended decking for eating out are always a joy to stay in.

The first thing is location, next I always look at the pool area, I like privacy, south or south west facing and not to be able to see pools next door and to have a view over a lake, conservation or at a push a golf course, also like a large covered patio area with ceiling fans if poss, if the pool area is ok I look at quality of interior furniture and size of rooms etc, then it would be techno, its needs to be high spec, with a big main TV with DVD etc, and TVs and Playstations etc for children,games room is a plus but not a must, it must also have the unlimited free Int calls and high speed wireless broadband (to watch home security at home and to keep on top of our business).

I am constanty looking at villas but find it hard to find everything on my wish list[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink] But I am prepared to pay the going rate to have the lot I certainly don't expect anything for nothing if you know what I mean[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    yep, Id go with julie , only games room is not important to us but we are getting more greedy every year , I checked out some villas with gym equipment and I thought yes thats a good idea , hubby would like that . Multible tvs are great because they prevent rows , this year Im working on " he who thinks he should be obeyed" and Im halfway to convincing him we should go for 4 weeks next year god willing .i make out a list and if I get 5 out of 6 on my list Im happy. Im willing to pay for what I want, the villa is with out a doubt the most important part of our holiday.
    Olive