Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mission Space

Florida Chatterbox

Mission Space

I want to go on every ride this time - I've not a major fear of any of them - except this one..

Can someone please tell me exactly what happens. Do you feel like you take off and see the earth on the screen etc? I need to know as it will probably make me have a panic attack. If someone could let me know stage by stage, i'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Bridget,

There are four of you in a booth, each person has a different job to do (make believe of course). It's exactly like you imagine, you can feel take off and see the clouds on the screen before you. It is a great ride nothing to be afraid of. You will love it.[msnsmile2]

May the force be with you[msnwink]

Paula
    Paula

Bridget

I am the biggest scardy cat of them all as far as rides go and I have been on this ride. It did take me 4 attempts to do it but I would say that it is no worse than Back to the Future or Star Tours. Just make sure you do keep looking straight ahead at all times or you will be sick[)]

As the saying goes "If I can do it anyone can[msnscared]"
    Jan and Lee

Florida Expert
    Dear Bridget
    There is a lot of build up and tension before the ride starts so that you are drawn into the world of being a real astronaut. For the ride itself you go inside a small space which has 4 seats side by side as if you are in the cockpit of the rocket. The space is small and your face is close to the control panel and the 'windscreen' of the rocket. During the build up each of the 4 people is given a 'job' to do during the flight. You may be the pilot or the navigator etc (all make believe of course)
    The ride is VERY intense. It took my breath away as the rocket 'launched' into the sky. It is of course a simulator but it is extremely realistic. Stay facing forward and keep your head back against the headrest and this will stop any motion sickness.. There are lots of warnings about sickness so I guess alot of people do feel a bit sick. It lasts for a few minutes as you 'travel to the moon and then land on Mars. It was fantastic and well worth building up the courage to do. Please don't let little ones ride. Of course there are height restrictions but it really is very intense even for older children. There is a fantastic play area near the exit where little ones can play while you are riding. There is also a computer style interactive game there, for older children. Have fun!!!
    Jo-Anne

Florida Expert
    The first few seconds are the worst , then it's quite fun. I panicked on take off, but the intense bit is over very quickly. Didn't go back on , but would probably be OK.

Didn't feel sick - just the G force.[msneek]
    Jo

Florida Chatterbox
    When I was waiting for my family to come off this ride one poor lady came off and lay on abench for at least 20 mins. She did not look very well![V]

Florida Newbie
    I was on this ride last week and trust me it is intense. Any ride that has sick bags available has got to be doing something pretty gut wrenching. I was going to go to China afterwards to get something to eat but decided on a long sit down instead!

Florida Expert
    After much persuasion I went on this ride a couple of weeks ago and must say that it was nowhere near as scary or awful as some people had led me to believe.

I was terrified (I am a big chicken!) and sat rigid in my seat looking straight ahead not moving and holding a paper bag infront of me as I suffer from travel/motion sickness.

Whilst I can honestly say that it is not a ride I will ever go on again, you should be fine and I am glad I made the effort as the experience was quite unique (well it was for me anyway!)

Good luck with your decision but don't let anyone force you into going on if you don't want to.

(My husband and 9 year old son both thought it was fantastic and if it wasn't for the huge queue would have gone on again!)

Gold 5 Star Member
    This ride is nothing to be scared off. We did it 3 times in quick succession last week (me, and my children ages 10, 7 and 5 years). James age 5 says that it is his favourite ride. I think the larger you are the more the forces affect you (so my hubby says). As the others have advised, just make sure you look forwards throughout
    Ruth

The big problem with this ride is in the build up, lots of signs &vpeople saying it is intense etc. I'm sure this is part of the rides hype. It is good, and like all rides do what you are told and you'll be fine...[grin][sick]
    Dave [msnsmile2]