Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shops and restaurants on the 27?

Florida Expert
    Just past the Winn Dixie/Post office/Optician is a Walgreens and CVS Pharmacie. These are less than two miles north of the 192 on H27. (Either side of the drive into Glenbrook Blvd)

Where is Posner Park going to be?

Florida Savvy
    You'd think that with all the thousands of houses on the 27, some bright spark might have actually put a nice mall there, cinema and restaurants huh? Although to some extent you escape the 192 traffic by being situated on the 27, which is a blessed relief, there's still not much there. A Walmart, Publix, chinese buffet, Bob Evans, Denny's, tiny Beef o'Bradys...yup that's about it. I think you'll be better off going to International Drive to eat or further towards Orlando. You're on holiday anyway...so what the heck! [msnwink]

PS Posner Park is still some years away what with it being just acres of dirt still!

Gold 5 Star Member
    "Hardly any family eating places on the 27 you will have to go down the 192 a couple of miles where you will find countless eating places"

Thats# not quite true, don't know where on the 27 you are thinking of but at the junction of the I4 and 27 there are MANY eating places.

Wendys, Waffle House, Burger King, New York Pizza, Perkins, there's a 7/11, these are just a few I can remember off the top of my head. This is the older established part of the route as this was the main junction from the I4 before the Championsgate one was built, and there have been many new places built since we were last there.

The Cracker Barrel has a great shop for browsing when you are waiting for your meal.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rocco
    You'd think that with all the thousands of houses on the 27, some bright spark might have actually put a nice mall there, cinema and restaurants huh? Although to some extent you escape the 192 traffic by being situated on the 27, which is a blessed relief, there's still not much there. A Walmart, Publix, chinese buffet, Bob Evans, Denny's, tiny Beef o'Bradys...yup that's about it. I think you'll be better off going to International Drive to eat or further towards Orlando. You're on holiday anyway...so what the heck! [msnwink]

PS Posner Park is still some years away what with it being just acres of dirt still!
    [/quote]

The US27 has moved on quite a lot, don't think you will need to go anything like as far as International drive to find family restaurants at all!!! Apart from the already mentioned 27 places, if you go part the Berry Town centre (Publix area) and dip on to the 192, it is the quieter end takes less than 10 mins to get there and there are of course the usual abundance of eating places choices!! Recommend the Red Lobster it was fabulous!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    About 8 miles South of the I4/SR27 intersection on SR 27 is Mannys Chop house (its just outside Southern Dunes). This resturant is getting very good reviews, read this link for more details http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_21131.asp

There is also a large Walmart, A Walgreens, A Winn Dixie, CVS, Checkers, Mcdonalds, Checkers etc etc in the same group of stores

John
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1127.aspx

There's a great pub on the US27 near the junction with the I-4, called The Prince of Wales. They serve good food, including 'home-made' chips and Sunday Roast. Better still, they have TV's showing the footie games from the UK!!!

Florida Savvy
    Most of the places you are referring to aren't restaurants though CarolAnn, they're diners. I took them to mean restaurants. And the Red Lobster isn't on the 27 it's on 192 like you said...so like I said, apart from the ones I mentioned, there aren't any great places to eat on the 27 really. And for that amount of homes, no I think the facilities up that end are incredibly poor!

Who wants to go all the way to Florida to eat McDonalds and pizza and heinz beans when you can do that at home! You want something different, isn't that half the fun of being abroad?

Gold 5 Star Member
    WAL-MART IS OPEN 24 hours 7 days a week Publix supermarket on the 27, stocking everything you could require, containing all our favourite brands. also has a plaza of shops which includes a pizza takeaway.

New shopping plaza alongside Walgreen's Store fantastic Chinese take away that also do home delivery. A licensed restaurant, and lots more.
    We know have a Cracker barrel Restaurant on the 27 That famous old country store Restaurant. a Waffle house restaurant a Denny's restaurant and on the opposite side there is a really good Italian restaurant.

Champions gate shopping Plaza he a Publix super market. A Chinese restaurant. a MC Donald's, La [bad language filtered out]e French Restaurant. Pepperon' Pizzeria Italian Restaurant. Subway. Wild bean Cafe. Champions gate grill. and a 7-Eleven.
    Marion Rowland
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/2933.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    The relative lack of Restaurants (rather than diners)has never been an issue either for us or our guests.

If we go out for the day we tend to eat close to where we have been i.e. Mimi's by Millenia Mall, Outback by Premium Outlets, Tony Roma's at the bottom of International Drive if we have been to Seaworld etc.

If we have had a day or afternoon at the villa we tend to go to Publix ( either Berry Town Center or Championsgate)and pick something up to either BBQ or have a cooked chicken and salad.

I think in all the time we have been to Orlando I have only eaten on the 192 once ( which was when our son wanted an all you can eat Buffet.Neither have I had to eat McDonalds or Heinz Beans.

I am sure that the restaurants will develop onto the 27 at some stage, however I do not feel deprived.

Colin
    Karen and Colin Haworth

www.villasflorida.com/villas/882.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we first looked at buying on 27 I thought ..oh no not the sticks again....but its come on a lot in the last few years.....in the end everything comes to an area if the need is big enough.....and with all the new homes going up....I can't see 27 wanting for much......I'm happy enough with the shops and eating places it has now......I can only see it getting better with time........